Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of starting a little project for the year with a 1.3 civic eg , i was wondering how hard it would be to put a h22 engine in

i know that id need obd , driveshafts , engine mounts and obv bigger brakes

has any1 on here actually done it ? need some advice ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: H22 Prelude Enine In A Eg 3

Buy hasport engine mounts for H22 into EG you will save a lot of trouble cutting and welding. Also apart from the brakes you will need new suspension cause H22 is heavy engine. You will need a gearshft linkage, ECU and the engine and dashboard harness

·
Registered
298 Posts

Not worth the hassle imo. EG's come with B series as standard, so a B18C6 swap (which is basically the same power) would be a lot less of a headache. Plus B series engines have loaaads more parts available than H.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Vince said:
Not worth the hassle imo. EG's come with B series as standard, so a B18C6 swap (which is basically the same power) would be a lot less of a headache. Plus B series engines have loaaads more parts available than H.
That is true but B18C6 or JDM B18C costs three or four times more than H22 especially if it is a full swap and that is a lot of money

·
Registered
7,629 Posts

Davyw22 said:
well tarque yer which is what you want with a little car make it nippy around citys and country roads bhp is for straight lines!!!
what are you talking about FFS!!
BHP is not the be all and end all of it , torque is what turns wheels nothing more nothing less ,
More torque = faster and more powerful car .

·
Registered
298 Posts

To be honest high torque is ideal if you need to tow caravans.

Hope this helps,
Vince

·
Registered
298 Posts

I was joking... well, being unhelpful anyway, hence the sarcastic "hope this helps"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts