Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got some questions which I hope can be answered;

How much BHP does its British counterpart produce?

What insurance groups are the british and jap version?

What are the most common problem’s with the EG6’s ? Or what should I ask for specifically when I’m looking at one?

Do they understeer much?

What mods would eradicate the understeer?

I’ve noticed that the rear seats have no head restraints, does this apply to all EG6’s?

How much mods would it take to put a EG6 to 200BHP safely?, and how much financially would it cost (including mods such as brakes etc)?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
ali619 said:
How much BHP does its British counterpart produce?
160bhp

ali619 said:
What insurance groups are the british and jap version?
http://www.parkers.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it will be on here.

ali619 said:
What are the most common problem’s with the EG6’s ? Or what should I ask for specifically when I’m looking at one?
Just check for rust, rear arches are where they usually go. Apart from that the usual checks you make when buying a car.

ali619 said:
Do they understeer much?
They are setup with a bias to under steer as apposed to over steer as most FWD cars are because its safer.

ali619 said:
What mods would eradicate the understeer?
Messing around with the suspension, fitting coil overs, strut braces stuff like that.

ali619 said:
I’ve noticed that the rear seats have no head restraints, does this apply to all EG6’s?
Not 100% on that one sorry, someone who has owned one should be able to help you there though.

ali619 said:
How much mods would it take to put a EG6 to 200BHP safely?, and how much financially would it cost (including mods such as brakes etc)?
Depends on how you want to do it really. You could go for a high comp NA build using B16b parts or you could look at using a turbo or supercharger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that edd. im currently looking at a Jap EG6. I've already asked him the following;

I am interested in the 94' civic you have for sale but I was just wondering if I could some more information on it i.e. its previous service history?, when it was imported?, any previous problems? etc. Could I also have some more pictures of the car aswell, inside and out.

It has just been imported so as with nearly all Jap imports no service history. However i have all the import documentation to go with it. It arrived about 4 weeks ago. Sailed through the MOT and does not have any problems whatsoever.

Does this car come with a BITMA mileage certificate? Have the clocks been converted to MPH?

I can order the BIMTA certificate at a cost of £20 or £25 i think. It hasn't been converted to mph or touched at all yet. I usually wait for my customers to see exactly what they want done.

Is there anything else i should ask about? Here's the car;
http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/573123.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
38 Posts
looks a clean one but seems quite a price for a 94 car, but if its what ur after mate go 4 it, good luck with buying one! :p :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very clean car, very dear though.

not a great deal of difference between the VTi's and SIRs though

VTI's 160bhp - 111ft lbs
SIR's 170bhp - 116ft lbs which is only due to a somewhat tuned ecu

for that money (£3,950) you could have a nicely built VTi

Hope it helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought my SiR from Duncan (FastJapCars.com) He seems to know his stuff although is quite pricey, mine was on 48k and got it for that money.
Make sure you check the rear trailing arms bushes, front CV joints, sterring knuckles, engine mounts, rust around the rear licence plate, electrics all work, rear foglight, idle after warming (can be irratic, Idle control valve sticks on these), and make sure it has a JACK! My didnt come with one for some reason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts