Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Common Introduction Questions:

hi, just thoughtid intro duce my self, my names lee, im from reading, near london, drifted over from the world of fast fords about 6 months ago lol

- Can we see some photos of your car if you have one?
yeah sure

- What modifications have you made?
um, its lowered, smoothed of bumpers, bonnet and boot, 17" lenzos, custom back box, induction kit, all the sounds. few other bits and pieces, air fuel ratio meter
- What future plans do you have?
hopefully to sell it and get a prelude lol, if not, either a mini me conversion, or a b16a lump
- Where are you located?
reading
- How did you find the forum?
search engine

cheers for looking

To upload photos click the "Upload attachment" tab below.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah shes a wee lsi

got one of the silencers that goes in the tail pipe yesterday, seen an instnat increase in mpg, and its less jerky

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
You put a silencer in the tail pipe and noticed an instant increase in mpg? I doubt it would make that much different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
neither did i ,

but i used a back box designed for a turbo car lol, so i gess the increase in back pressure has helped,

i had the same thing on my 2.0 fiesta, when i took the rs turbo exhaust of and titted a na one, it was more economical

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Back pressure is a lie. I'll write an article on it eventually but for now:

Yes, you have it right. Every naturally aspirated 4 stroke gasoline or methanol engine will run it's best with no back pressure. Any automotive engineer or racing engine builder will confirm that.

The problem is, virtually all carburetors and fuel injection systems were designed for engines that are muffled and have some back pressure. The result is many times when back pressure is reduced or eliminated the fuel curve is disturbed and the engines often loose low end torque because of the mismatched lean fuel curve. A simple jet change many times wont correct this. It requires a completely new fuel curve that is beyond most people's capability. This results in many people believing some back pressure is necessary,

There are no mufflers or back pressure on professional racing cars like F-1, NASCAR or NHRA.

A small amount of back pressure does not hurt performance much and it is impossible to dampen the exhaust noise without a little restriction (back pressure) so any street car will have some back pressure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i see, sorry i ment i agree with the more tourque bit,
and as you described, the fueling is more stable now according to my air fuel meter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts