Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Some good tips man, not alot of people know about the two bucket method!

I just made the change to sheepskin mitt this year and am loving the change. So much easier to wash and like you say, you dont have to be forcefull. Good tip about the drying method aswell, i used to use a chamois but now use a drying towel, its so tempting to just sweep the towel along but i have scratched the car doing this, patting is a good idea.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomo! said:
Some good tips man, not alot of people know about the two bucket method!

I just made the change to sheepskin mitt this year and am loving the change. So much easier to wash and like you say, you dont have to be forcefull. Good tip about the drying method aswell, i used to use a chamois but now use a drying towel, its so tempting to just sweep the towel along but i have scratched the car doing this, patting is a good idea.
Thanks mate. I am going to keep adding moroe and more bits and pieces when i get the chance. Hopefully it helps a few people going forward as i now know there is alot more people getting interested in how they look after the paintwork on there cars aswell as the rest of it.
I have just registered as a trader on here and am going to try and spend a lot of my time adding bits and pieces over the next few weeks. I am also away to be a stockist for the meguiars detailer range and also Goss-it products aswell as being able to supply cleaning materials like Micro fibres, buckets,Mitts, etc

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I have found that if your car is polished and waxed you dont need to keep waxing it obviously but you will suffer from water marks even if you dry it. To get rid of these once the car is dry go over it with something such as megs quick detailer. Its works brilliantly in getting rid of the marks

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
very good read! Alot of people have different ways of doing things.Apart from the 2 bucket method, patting it dry and wheels getting washed first, this is more or less what i do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ryan. said:
I have found that if your car is polished and waxed you dont need to keep waxing it obviously but you will suffer from water marks even if you dry it. To get rid of these once the car is dry go over it with something such as megs quick detailer. Its works brilliantly in getting rid of the marks
Another good one mate is when the car is still wet spray Meguiars final touch dab dry with your waffle weave then go over with a few clean micro fibres the Finnish is superb

G

·
0 Posts
My only good tip is for the garage jetwash, when the buzzer goes for the last few seconds of pre wash with the lance turn it onto the head of the brush and blast that for a few seconds. Loads of people just throw the brush onto the deck so blasting it with the lance gets rid of any bits if grit you would just be dragging along your paintwork.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scuzzle said:
My only good tip is for the garage jetwash, when the buzzer goes for the last few seconds of pre wash with the lance turn it onto the head of the brush and blast that for a few seconds. Loads of people just throw the brush onto the deck so blasting it with the lance gets rid of any bits if grit you would just be dragging along your paintwork.
:eek: :eek: :eek: The last thing i would do mate is use any brush at any petrol station thats the worst thing for damaging paintwork on your car.
I also know that 90+% of petrol stations that have the foam lance the foam is full of chemicals that will also strip the protection that maybe one day you have spent applying to the car. Thats why maybe your car will look clean driving away from them but it does not last at all within ten mins the car is a mess again
I do encourage all my customers to stay away from them and they all thank me for it in the long run.

G

·
0 Posts
To be honest I find I have to vary how I wash the car, if it's a nice Sunday and I have nothing on then the car will get the full hand wash and wax and detailing but occassionaly I find I will need the jetwash to blast the muck of the arches and to clean the underside of the car which is something I can't do at home as I don't have any provision to run a portable jetwasher.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Another great guide, just had time reading it, ffs my car is full of swirl marks man its because of those sh*t car washers.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Another tip: Don't use a scourer on the polished lip of your alloys... lol I know it sounds like common sense reading it back, but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do due to the black brake dust not shifting fully with the pressure washer and shampoo! :thumbdown:

Ah well, you learn by your mistakes, so they say! :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
i tend to use a old cotton bath towel for drying then once finished just pop your mit and towel back in the wash. Clean as a whistle ready for next time. Obviosly not with your clothes or under crackers. I only do this as i'm a bit ocd about cleaning my blade aswell and always want clean mits and cloths.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts