Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 1.6 Civic Sport and i am waundering what type of bulb it is that is used in the glove compartment?
Any help?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Think itl just be a standard incandescent lamp. (One of the ones that has a fillament and gets pretty hot).

Im only judging this by the colour of the light, i could be wrong, but i doubt it will be an led.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea... it gets pretty dam hot like!!!
was just wanting to put in a different more white light perhaps... the one thats in is dulling down a bit with the typical yellow... so it will need replaced soon anyways.. just wouldnt mind a whiter crisper colour... like Led sidelights for example that kinda look ???

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Yeh, i havent looked at it but by a guess id say its the same as the interior light. Worth looking at.

If you take the bulb out you could probably bodge up some white leds in a pcb with a resistor. Its not like anyones gonna see anything but the light.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aye... true... any type of bulbs that give off a different light for gloveboxes.. the bulb is fookin tiny when i had a look at it haha sidelight bulbs were massive compared haha

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Youl be ok with leds, at the end of the day anything that gives off light will be fine, finding the right size wont be easy though. If i was you id just get a led interior light and modify the lamp holder to fit.

Mite be worth taking the measurements of it and scouting ebay for a led unit with the same sort of connection. I dont know wether it is a screw in or its just held in place with 2 contacts. If its held in place with the 2 contacts youl be able to manipulate them a bit so it will hold the leds. Any type will do, its only 12v.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts