Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
right after having no interest in my old civic esi hatch ive decided just to scrap it, ive taken most of the stuff i need.(gd point, will you still get money from the scrap yard with most of the interior removed and front and back bumpers?)
but there is still the probelm of the fuel inside the tank, its still half full! ive tried cyphining the fuel with a hose but there must be a device stopping me as i can only get so far down before the hose gets stuck. a friend of mine told me to reconnect the battery and turn it on so the fuel pump can take it out, but im not sure where i collect the fuel by that method, and there are wires hanging all over the place and i dont wont to cause a spark and blow my house and myself up!
is it possible to remove the fuel pump from the tank and cyphine the petrol from there? or if not does anyone know of any safe methods to remove this fuel?
thanking you (in advance)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive no jack or axle stands! could source some though, so is the idea of taking the fuel pump out and pumping out from there a no go-er? i dont know if you can see the fuel once you have removed the fuel pump? ive never done it before

1 - 5 of 5 Posts