Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im new to the forums, im learning to drive at the moment, but planning on a eg which il get very soon hopefully.
Got a few questions to ask, will there be a big different on insurrance pricing between dx 1.4 and lsi 1.5, im not even going to ask about vti, thats out of the question lol. Also do you guys think its worth getting bucket seats and a roll cage? First of all i think the interior is quite tacky, so the seats would help and also im after the tuner look so might consider buying a rollcage, planning on a wide body kit aswell. All opinions welcome, thanks!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I doubt any insurance company will touch you if you haven't yet passed and you want to put a roll cage in a civic, sorry dude!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey rob

Yeah i would think they will laugh at you when you say you havent got a license yet and you have a roll cage in your car..

IMO dont get a roll cage unless you need it (track car) and i wouldnt bother with a body kit.. But thats just me

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
In regards to the cage a lot of insurance companies get very funny about them as it kind of implies that it is driven really hard and requires a cage. I doubt you are going to need one either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never said i want to get insured just yet, i dont have the car... and dx comes in 1.3 or 1.4 depending if its a jap import... rollcage was just a extreme idea, and about the body kit, i really do want one, this is not the main problem, i just have a problem finding a lsi or dx low in miles in black in good condition, even half of the things im looking for in the car seems hard to find, i search autotrader, ebay, and pistonheads daily.
Anyone selling a black lsi/dx good condition black low miles ?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
That really is very very little, I concider 120k a low milage lol you should be fine with a higher milage tbh.

How much do you have to spend?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truth is, i want it to be as low as possible, not only its easier to sell after but also il be putting alot of money into it, i woudnt really want to do that to a car that has more than 80k on the clock but thats just me lol.
I would spend anything up to £1000, more if need be but depending on what mods or condition it is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
just dont tell insurance about anything :)

easiest way eh... im 17 and my insurance ona 2005 civic sport is mental... so anything iv done i just aint told haha

i know its stupid but we will see what happens haha

·
Registered
240 Posts
also wouldnt get black haha

i have a black motor photos on here :)

and you clean it and drive it down the street and the thing is filthy!!!!

and it takes ages to wash cause you miss bits etc etc!! they look sweet when clean but dont stay that way for long... also show up scuffs and ships worse than anything!! haha

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
lol lol lol

davyw22 : calm your wee emotions, he is new to the civic world :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

widebodykitcivic : as i always say "everyone to there own".....personally i think civics look gash with a wide body kit ,why dont you just jap the funk out of it lol lol
there are some pics here to try sway you in the right direction lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice pictures but i still dont think they look half as good as the kit i want to buy, about the bucket seats, im planning to get them in black, but i dont know what to do with the back seating because i dont really want to keep them standard, any thoughts ?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Get 'em re-trimmed mate.

Not to be funny but the odds of you finding a 15/16 year old car with "30-50K" on it are about as likely as finding a small child in your next macdonalds cheesburger!! And for £1k you'll be lucky to find anything lower than 110/120k. I had my ESi up for sale for £900 but thats only cz it needs a lot of work haha

If your serious about it. I'd recommend buying one and restoring the car with a high milage engine then look at an engine conversion after you've brought the insurance down from a few years driving experience and NCB.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Doonco said:
I wouldn't recomend this your insurance will be void. It depends on what you have done really small mods you can easily remove I guess you could get away with.

Trying this on my CRX if I crashed it the insurance company would just laugh at me.

'Is that a turbo under the bonnet Sir?'

'No I think its a snail that has latched itself onto my exhaust manifold. It seemed to quite like it there so I left it'

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Edd said:
Doonco said:
I wouldn't recomend this your insurance will be void. It depends on what you have done really small mods you can easily remove I guess you could get away with.

Trying this on my CRX if I crashed it the insurance company would just laugh at me.

'No I think its a snail that has latched itself onto my exhaust manifold. It seemed to quite like it there so I left it'
lol lol lol

widebodykitcivic ; emm your best chance would be to import it if you want low mileage but insurence will rape you if its imported

Edit:

i think they just look chavvy lol lol

just retrim the back seats im hopeing to get bucket seats and retrim the back :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mathewp80 said:
Edd said:
Doonco said:

lol lol lol

widebodykitcivic ; emm your best chance would be to import it if you want low mileage but insurence will rape you if its imported

Edit:

i think they just look chavvy lol lol

just retrim the back seats im hopeing to get bucket seats and retrim the back :cool:
yeah the wide boy kits you showed me are ugly, but the one im after isnt out just yet ;)

Edit:

how must does it cost to retrim the back seats ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah i think them wide body civic looks gash!!!

You got any pics of the one that you want..

Here is a few more standardish civic what do you think of them??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts