Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant believe what happened last night! im so annoyed! was out in my eg6(that ive only had for a wk!) was coming along the dualer and decided to speed up a bit, was in 4th up to about 105-110 then went to change to 5th, but intead i accidently put it in 3rd! it screamed like a bitch but i quickly put it into 5th and it was okay.
coming off the dualer i stopped and went through all the gears, they all seemed fine, a little crunch sometimes. then it seemed to not want to select anygears! i left it in 4th and dropped my friend off. once i dropped him off i continued along the road the car seemed fine then, gear select was okay(from 1st to 4th), but then i came to a junction, put in 1st(clutch down) and it still wanted to go forward a bit and cut out! it did this again at the next junction. i started it and found that no gears were selecting. i managed to get in in 2nd but when i got home it would not select any gears, even reverse! i left it for the night, got up this morning tried her again, it starts fine, u just cant select any gears at all!
i really need this fixed, havent even had the car a wk! im hoping it something to do with the clutch and not the gearbox! anyone have any clues? paul? thanks!

Edit:

bump up! help needed asap!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking/hoping paul. thanks for the certification! thank god it aint the box, do you think a whole new clutch set will fix her, or do you think it could of damaged anything else in the process?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Only an inspection will tell for definate, Have you tried putting it in gear then starting it up.... what happens?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats right paul, all gears were selectable afterwards, na ive not tried to put it in gear then turn the engine on, its getting towed to the garage 2mo. thankfully i have a spare clutch, so i should/hope be back on the road this wkend! cheers guys for all the info! :)

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Paul20V.... I was going along the lines of bearing collapse and / or pressure plate not releasing... as you say dragging, I've found (and I'm sure you have) in these instances it can be near impossible to select anything with the engine running (especially compounded by any synchro probs) :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep deff the clutch, tried selecting gears with engine off and they go in no prob! just need to look for a clutch now, might aswell get a decent one while im there! exedy stage1? stage2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts