Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my b16 the gearbox is wining really loud in 1st 2nd and slighty 3rd.also i realese my foot of the clutch pedal there is a slight loud slush noise am not sure what this is it sounds to me realese bearing.but the main problem is my wining noise when i slow down it still does it.is this a comon fault on this garbox also wen changing from 2nd and 3rd when flooring in it slighty crunches!!would it be time to change the box?are they easy to .thanks.jase

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Release bearing when your foot is off the clutch, sounds like your synchros are worn and probably bearings too.... have you ever checked / changed the oil? probably a bit too late now though.

Definately sounds like a change or recon, not to bad to do if you like using spanners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh rite ok bud cheers.yeah i think its a bit to late now.there a box on ebay with an lsd controller its at 85 quids so far mite to bid on that cheers.is there anythink i should no when take this box out?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Be prepared for the whole clutch assy being knackered, will need inspecting at very least so you will need to realign the plate, ideal time to check your rear oil seal on the crank and pilot bearing & I also always change the drive shaft seals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts