Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've neva thort of showing the world this but any though it was funny when he came down o i thort i'd put a blog of it up on here.

Basically i bought this Aerodeck of ebay for its engine, but got a bit carried away when stripping it. Anyway to cut a long story short i had to get rid of it, quickly! so rang some guy advertising car removal on the net and asked if he took bare shells. he said no problems was it rolling. I explained how it had no suspension or hubs etc and was an estate so would need picking up on lorry or flatbed, he said no problems i'll bring the truck down.

Well i'll stop explaining now and let you see what he brought down and why it took us an hour to get it in! :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well basically i wanted the engine in my ek4 (which i got after buying the aero).

having bought two cars i then had the problem of installing the engine on my street (no off road parking) so i asked the head technician at uni if i could do it in the workshop, he said no problem as long as you do it at the weekend before uni starts and don't leave anything behind. :D

so me and my 2 mates set to on the friday nite and stripped the estate of all bolted on bits and hid them arround the building out of sight :eek: :?

on the saturday we went in at 8m and promptly set to on removing the engine and entire wiring loom from the estate and installing it on the ek4. this day finished at 3.30am with new mounts in the ek, a new engine, all connected up, new front hubs, brakes and suspension.

on the sunday we came in at a rather late 8am (9 really :? ) and ripped the remains of the loom out of the estate, while labelling it up at each possible junction, then removed the dash from the ek and installed and connected up the loom. we didn't manage to get that far as we had to tidy up, hide all the parts being kept and get the aero ready for removal. we finished at the normal time of 12am when we got kicked out, towing the ek back with no dash lights brakes etc :eek:

on the monday we raced into uni to remove the car before the technician got back but found him stood there looking at it :( so got on the net and found mr pikey and his friend, who came round two hours later and removed the car. having spent two hours pissing ourselves and drawing crowds while we removed the car i ran into the technician again who had managed not to appear while the deed was being done. he said he'd heard rumors that it was taken away on its side in a van and that he'd just been on the phone to a heath and safety ex who was coming round for an inspection, luckily he came round well after we had removed the evidence, but was reminded that if he had been earlier i would have been an EX student, lucky really :twisted:

Thats the longest post you'll get but its alec's fault for asking!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts