Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting my car sprayed another colour, I dunno why and I'm not 100% sure what colour I'd go for, or if I actually do want to (It's currently Nighthawk Black).

How much would it (roughly) cost to get an EP sprayed? (Maybe leave the bonnet black?)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
its hard to say to be honest, theres not an exact price you pay for a full respray, infact it could vary from about 600 to 5k depending on what paint you want and who is doing it for you!!
i think the standard rate in a body repair place would be about 90 on average per panel to be prepped and sprayed!! so your talking what atleast 800

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps I'll leave it black then! lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
what kinda money were you two expecting to pay btw lol??

im going back to college soon to start up a body working apprenticeship so il be able to spray mine to a good enough quality after first year i hope :D

to be honest im sure you could find a apprentice who would do it for you cheap but you wouldnt be garaunteed a good job, if your paying big money for sumthing you may aswell pay the extra for a profesional job as you will most likely go to them after anyways if the guy cocks it up on you lol

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
josh897 said:
what kinda money were you two expecting to pay btw lol??

im going back to college soon to start up a body working apprenticeship so il be able to spray mine to a good enough quality after first year i hope :D

to be honest im sure you could find a apprentice who would do it for you cheap but you wouldnt be garaunteed a good job, if your paying big money for sumthing you may aswell pay the extra for a profesional job as you will most likely go to them after anyways if the guy cocks it up on you lol
If you need one to 'practice' on, I'm sure I'll be able to let you spray mine, haha! That's if I haven't saved up and had it done properly by the time you're able to do so, lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
painting is the easy bit if you GET GOOD GUNS, COMPRESSOR , TRAPS , SOME 2000 GRIT PAPER G3 AND A POLISHER

it realy is all in the prep bad prep= bad paint job

=== YOU HAVE JUST MADE A NICE CAR =====

LIKE THIS

ps i am a painter

SHALL I DO A WRITE UP FOR STICKY LOL

TOMMY

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i found this very helpfull for getting the ins and outs of spraying!!

n ppl dont bother spending all this money on equipment if you dont have the right conditions to spray in your wasting your time

·
Registered
40 Posts
yes but conditions for a diy job can still give flawless results if done correct

1 roll of 3m static sheet / staple gun line the roof /walls /and floor and get a cheap fan say £150 you will be amazed what you can achive most of the overspray will stick to the static sheet then use a slow reducer in the clear and any overspray that falls has time to melt into the clear

i do this for my own cars and customers as i cant get into my work to do it after hours

hope this helps

tommy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts