Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question.

Ive got a 98 ek4 vti and i cant get the fuel light to come on. i try running it pretty low to the bottom of the reserve indicator in the tank. how low do you actually have to get it to get the fuel light to come on? my old vti was a facelift so the clocks were different. so can't really compare the two. and dont want to run it out of petrol lol

Lucas

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
First time mine ever came on was only a few weeks ago, and I've run pretty low before. It will come on eventually just keep driving ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats strange. the facelift car i had came on just below 1/8th of a tank. oh well. it must have a good reserve in it.

cheers guys

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
when its on expect that u have a bit left and go and fill up. you will put in about 43 litres in making about 2 litres left.

mine comes on when it gets to the mark. it has been below the mark too (with the light on).

if you fill up to full when you have it really low you will see how much you have left to go (you will probably be putting in about 40 if your light is on)

when going at 70 the light dims and glows brighter then turns off. continues to do this on and off for a while.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have this promblem with my em1 and discovered that it was the fuel sender. make a jump harness with a 5amp fuse and two wires un plug the sender and insert the two wires into the plug of the wire loom then go to your ignition and turn it to just befoe it fires up if your light illuminates then the sender is kerfunked if not you may have a break in the wire

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuckin ace. cheers

·
Registered
132 Posts
my ek is right down on the empty line or just below before the fuel light gradually comes on and it only glows for a short time then goes out and repeats every 20-25 seconds.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah thats what mine used to do it will then come on permanently nothing to worry about there

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuel light came on today :) cheers people

·
Registered
680 Posts
I thought my bulb had gone, then after the needle was near the bottom of the red it came on. Although it didnt come on straight away it flickered for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts