Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals, thought i'd register on here as i've just bought an EK9.
I'm right down on the south coast of England- West Sussex & i've been converted from owning a Nissan Almera GTi to the Civic. I had a CRX SiR a couple of years ago & have been itching to get another v-tec since 8-|

I bought this as it is so i dont have to spend too much money on it! I probably will end up changing some bits though ;) see what happens really!

Hope the pics work, I'm not too good on computers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello there!

Thanks, yeah, I'm well impressed with it, even better than what i thought it would be :)

Well, its got a B18c from a UK Civic VTi-s MB6 in it which was fully rebuilt around 10K miles ago with a long list of upgraded internals- pistons, valve springs etc. It made 176 whp when the engine was in a different car & has since had more done to it. 8-|

Compared to my old CRX, the EK9 really pulls before you hit v-tec, feels so much more torque'y, but not sure how it compares to the B16b that was in it originally

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments!

It runs quite lumpy on idle because of the buddyclub spec IV cams & buddyclub cam gears, sounds mad!

Edd - I had a 1989 CRX SiR in gunmetal grey. If I hadnt have crashed it nearly 3 years ago, i would no doubt still have it now! That was also tuned up a fair bit as well & on AVO coilovers. Had bucket seats & full harnesses 8-|
The CRX was quick but this type-r is just awesome!

I will post up the full spec on the piccies topic bit soon

Fry

·
Registered
680 Posts
What happened to the b16b? I can agree how good the b18 is. :)

But it is down on power compared to a b16b

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hi and welcoem tot he site, nice looking type R mate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys

The B16b was taken out by the previous owner - he thought that you had to rag the engine too much to get the most out of it. He got the B18c4 from another EK that was written off. When the B18 was in the previous EK , it made 176 WHP 3:) which works out at around 220 BHP at the flywheel i think. It was dyno'd in march 2007 so it would be interesting what it is at now, i need to get it done to see.

The list of performance upgrade parts is mad, the B18c4 was rebuilt around 10k miles ago. It is also running a DC2 gearbox with shortshift, lovely gear change!

Fry

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome, looks very straight, especially under the bonnet, don't see many about.... very nice.

Now the vulgar bit... how much?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts