Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I wish to get a front strut brace for my ej9 as I heard this will improve the car's handling performance. Is this a good idea and will it make that much of a difference? I wish to bring it to a track one day.

/Andy

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
a strut brace (one that goes between the strut tops) increases the stiffness of the body. it adds a handling increase on smoother roads but with the wrong suspension on a rough road the body will be too tough and will shake the car about.

if you already have lowered the car it will add stiffness but you dont want to get a very strong one as you want some flex in the body (the car is designed that way). as a 100% track car you want the car to be as stiff as possible (roll cage, hard springs and dampers) so that the car sticks to the road and has reduced body roll. the strut brace in this example needs to be stiff to reduce body flex as to increase handling.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I was to get a strut brace, would it be recommend to buy a Honda one or a 3rd party one like sparco? I have seen a ek9 strut brace for £30, not sure if it will do.

Thanks
/Andy

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
i personally have never much of a difference just fitting a strut brace ,if you want an impact in handling buy a cage that will stiffen the shell and improve handling but back on the planet,
if you have not already buy some uprated arb s that will do a load more for handling by stopping body roll ,
most people buy a strut brace so when they open the bonnet there mates will see there nice polished brace ,
do the springs and shocks if you have not and defo some arbs you wont regret it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts