Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ok im going to sound like a complete full but here goes any way... :confused:

I've got a 3 Door 1998 EK Civic (1.5 Vtech) and im trying to fit new front speakers, so easyily enough i prised the covers off, a snapped clip later i saw the speaker had three screws, fine... i undid these and then... dun dun dahhh, i undid the speaker adaptor, but it has 4 wires to one speaker :question: , Theres no tweeters and the speakers are only single way pioneers (standard honda). :surprised: However what are these extra wires for??? and i can't find a speaker adaptor cable anywhere?

P.S. I cant solder, i just end up burning wires, lol

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i've already replaced the 6x9's and just used some connectors off ebay, that way i didn't need to cut or solder anything. I just got infinity's and they were just direct replacements sound awesome, but the fronts can't keep up.

Regards JP

·
Registered
211 Posts
have you got tweakers on the front door ??? because my coupe has (near the wing mirror).. but i noticed not alot of civics have them, that might be what the extra wires are for

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, Thats what i thought, its really strange though and all four wires go to the speaker.
i.e. Two wires to the positive terminal and Two wire to the negative terminal.
You can normally buy a lead that plugs in though and then you just have loose wires and you can just connect those.

JP

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think that the back speakers run in parallel to the front ones. That would explain the extra wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts