Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak in my boot and i can't see where the waters comin in at...can anyone help, already did a search but only found one topic about re-sealing the back window, but mine is ok.. Well appreciated for any help at all..

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's usually caused by the rear light seals. Either replace them with new ones from Honda or clean them up and stick a bit of silicone around them :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Where abouts is the water in the boot???

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmm strange place for the water to be, is there a lot of water or just a little? Just wondering as if its a little water it might just be condinsation from hot air touching cold metal?? Just for water to get there it will have had to soak through the carpet and the board covering the spare wheel. Now that would have to be a LOT of water getting in to do that. Of course i could be speaking out of my arse but it just seams weird.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Naw ya see i just bought the car and i've cleared all the water out now and just seein if it fills up again. I've took the car to the car wash as well and no water seems to be leakin in now..im abit confused now...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Trev, ive had this prob with my coupe, waters collecting in the spare wheel well. Dried it all off with a towel but it returned yesterday after my trip down to manchester and there was quite a lot, my amp had its first bath yesterday too. Think what one of the other chaps said is correct, to do with the rear light seals, coz the water, as you know flows down the back and in between the slots where the boot is, but then should appear back out the bottom, and not inside lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i had the same problem,it turned out to be the weld seal had split under the back corner of the rear window.i had the window cut out,split open the weld seal and filled it with bonding pressed it together and put a layer of bonding over the top problem solved.i hope this helps m8

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the same problem, and it doesn't make sense. A lot of people say the rear light seals, but they are behind the carpeted wall, and the water is past that bit. I think it's the boot seal in mine to be honest. I had water in the wheel well and also just in the bottom left corner of the boot, if you were facing it. It is well annoying!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Smooth_CLR said:
I have the same problem, and it doesn't make sense. A lot of people say the rear light seals, but they are behind the carpeted wall, and the water is past that bit. I think it's the boot seal in mine to be honest. I had water in the wheel well and also just in the bottom left corner of the boot, if you were facing it. It is well annoying!
exact same as mine and it was the weld seal had split

·
Registered
103 Posts
de spoiler ftw ;) no water in my boot! lol

rear lights dude check out honda tech for info

·
Registered
84 Posts
i had the same problem mine was the weld seal between the rear quarter and main bopdy thanks to rac autoglass who kindly di this for me foc

·
Registered
518 Posts
my ej8 was collecting water in the boot. three separate sources (finding them one by one, so frustrating) - rear light seal, boot vent seal (maybe there never was one, but there is now :) ), sunroof water ducts (always wondered what those little hosepipes were for).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts