Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have damaged my front suspension driving through a pothole and need to replace the n/s shock. Having priced the shocks from new (upwards of £70 each) and bearing in mind I should really replace both at the same time (normal practice I think) I've been looking around for a pair of front shocks and need some advice on which ones to go for. I drive an L reg 1993 Civic 3 dr hatch, 1.6 VTEC ESi. I've currently got three offers of gear, I don't have a lot of info for them except that each of the owners thinks they will fit.

The first offer is for a VTi set, with springs and are £30 plus P&P for the pair.

The second set is from a local guy for a 94 reg 1.5 LSi 3dr hatch, complete with springs. I guess these will be around the same price.

The third set which I think is still available is on ebay is £15 plus P&P a pair, no springs. They are for a VTi EG6.

I can't see any of these up close so can't judge the condition so will have to use a judgement comparing price with spec and not their quality.

I'd be grateful if someone could advise whether each are suitable and if so what the difference will be between each of them. Not having much experience in this field I'd be interested to know how the driving experience might differ between the three and whether there's anything I need to bear in mind when I buy or fit them. By the way I don't have any info on my springs so I don't know whether I should just leave them on until they fail.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know the second car you mentioned (94 1.5) the shockers are the same. And with this guy you can at least go and have a look at them, you cant really test them but you can see if they are rotten. The website i usually get my parts from retails them at £70 also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts