Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk have been looking around for the red type r seats for a while now, have seen some going cheap atm with brand new covers

but the covers need fitting, i was just wandering what needs to be done to get them fitted? iv never come across this before so dont kno

if they simply slide on over the seat or whether they need to be professionally stitched on? if so what kind of money would we be

talking to get them profesionally fitted?

any help appreciated

cheers
josh

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i would go to a professional retrimmers and ask for a quote on retrimming the seats. the sponge underneath is cheap enough so get a quote! i need to have the plastic clips on my seats fixing so need to get a quote too!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah kk i think i will leave it then tbh!! lol!
here is the link for the seats on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Type-r-seats-and-covers_W0QQitemZ160262892601QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160262892601&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318
i thought it would be a simple-"ish" procedure to get them fitted but if its gonna cost that kind of money it really isnt worth my while!!

i was willing to pay upto £200 for the seats there but fink i will just wait around a bit longer and pay slightly more to get seats pretty much

ready to fit in

cheers

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i see them about all the time, had 2 chances of gettin them real cheap but been messed about twice

as they didnt go for as much as expected but tbh thats their fault, got cash sittin here ready for them so the time will

come and ill get them shipped over and fired straight into the civic ;)

will be using parcelforce to ship them from most likely england over to northern ireland, any1 had any bad experiences shipping

this kind of item with them??

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i saw those seats and they do look rather sexy i have to say LOL!!

believe me iv been tempted but its simply out of my range! have set my money at £250 and looking to get sum local so im not spending like 45 quid on postage!! but its just not happening!

if i can scrape a few extra quid together il come to you first but 300 is too high for me atm with other stuff im wanting to do to the car!

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts