Honda Civic Forums banner

fitting fogs to face lift

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Andy 
#1 ·
hello, i want a set of fogs on my car, theres are sum for face lift on ebay for about £180 which seems silly price to me. how ever there are othres from america that say fit models 02-05 for £50.

Just wandering if they are different as my model is a face lift, i mean if i take the front spillter off, is it the same shape underneth and these cheaper ones will fit, if not could i adjust them to fit?

Just seeing if any one has tired!

Cheers!

#4 ·
I would strongly advise you not to buy them off ebay - I was in touch with my local Honda dealer only the other month and below I copied in what the guy emailed me in response to having fogs supplied (and fitted) to my 05 Civic Sport

"Price for the Fog Light Kit is £168.59 + VAT
Fitting time is 2hours, which would be £120 + VAT if you where to have them fitted here. Grand total works out at £331.88 inc VAT.
The parts are available from Honda overnight but this may change depending on the demand."

I replied =
"Umm that’s not TOO bad....

How hard are they to fit if I was to do it myself??"

To get in return =
"Just spoken to one of my technicians, his words were 'they are easy to do once you have done a few'
You have to remove the front bumper and fit them from behind. Also in some cases you have to cut holes in the grille, but thinking that yours is a sport you maybe dont need to, not 100% sure not having the car here.
I shall leave it up to you whether to decide."

Hope this helps

#12 ·
£180 is about right mate, they are roughly £80 each anyways.

Doubt you'll find any from some breakers, not a lot of Civic's came with them and if any are in the breakers yard a majority would be trashed (front end damage etc).

I would just bite the bullet and fork out from Honda, at least they are brand new and legit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.