Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for various gadgets i could add to my motor and came across the engine push start buttons, which are now in most new-ish cars even as standard and thought it would be quite cool to have one. The kits are only around £15-£30 which i thought wasn't bad. Before i bought one though i thought i would ask if anyone else has fitted one and how easy is it to? Even although they have instruction manuals too but im sure some cars must be harder than others. Feedback would be much appricated, thanks tom :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
try to avoid ebay ones as the ones ive seen still need to key to start, you need to put the key in ignition and then press the button to start the engine.. to me that defeats the point of having one in the first place lol

i wouldnt have thought they would be that hard to install, if your ok with electrics and wiring it shoudlnt take you very long

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sounds interesting to me. . .

I might have a look at doing this myself =D

And I'd agree with what alz327 said^^^. . . don't buy a cheep one off e-bay. lol Could be a bad move because you either need a key as well as the button, or knowing some of the stuff on ebay, it could f**k up pretty rapidly, and seeing as the ignition begins the car starting up you wouldn't want it to break shortly after spending time and money installing it :)

Let us all know if you find a decent one :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks smart mate, probally the best place to put the button also, can u buy them carbon surrounds? and how long it take to fit. also i was thinking how easy it is also to remove for selling reasons incase it could put the buyer off, or maybe im being silly lol. i would like one tho

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spose, quite a smart feature actually.
the s2000 kit is not on ebay at the moment, that looks the best one to go for. im guessing it works by putting the key to the 2nd stage then pressing the button?
does look very smart in yours though, would it be ok to use the bit of plastic thats already there? it looks like a vent, not sure what it is. the hole would probally be quite difficult to drill with the little vents in it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cant find a s2000 kit anywhere :( really want one now after just taking mine in for a service and seeing the new civics with them fitted! :p

·
Registered
822 Posts
hahaha, your not the first to ask me that

im a guy, and im Muslim, live in Birmingham lol, i have heard soo many times that Elid is a Scottish name but spelt different hahahaha

thats just made my day

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice one nick :)
just one question before i buy it, what panels and that need removing and what did you use to drill the hole? a holesaw? and how straight forward was it?
haha that was more than one question but your help would be much appricated, thanks :D

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
The lower dash panel that surround the gearstick needs to be removed, also the bottom half of the steering wheel column surround.

My button came with the carbon surround, already drilled.

The vent just pops out with a screwdriver. The job was quite easy really, I used a soldering iron, better than them wire block things. Just make sure you totally understand the wiring diagram, and you're set :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts