Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got around to fitting my halo projectors today, and some new low-profile wiper blades. There are two red and two white additional wires coming from my headlights which are for the "Halo" part, but I'm not sure where I should connect those, can anybody shed some light?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Re: Fitted Projector Head Lights

They look awesome mate!! Big improvement.. you happy with them? How is the fitting.. mine are about 90% perfect fitment.

White will be ground im guessing as red is live.. Make sure you fuse them though so they dont blow haha!! Then earth the white and splice the red into side light wires... AFTER a fuse..

You front end is looking awesome now mate!!

·
Registered
780 Posts

looks wicked mate, what you doing with your old lights? are they in good condition, as the laquer is peeling badly on mine n they look mingin! (swap them at japfest? or a bit o cash your way??)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

Yeh alec you should flog the stock ones.. I doubt you'd ever go back.. i wont be :)

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sure Hugh they are in great condition I'll give them to you at Japfest. Buy me a pint? They also come with new ice blue bulbs.

However I had to take the indicator bulbs out of the old and put them in the new, but I guess that doesn't matter to you.

Sorry I meant red and black. 2 red and 2 black coming out of each head light...

@ Nick: eBay mate.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

well whatever, black is defo earth then.. Wire them in as i said and they should be fine.. ebay projectors halos, have a tendency to blow tho apparently..

To be honest mate.. they look the dogs bollocks on your car fair play!! So much better in black housing ;)

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah I'm so glad I didn't go for the chrome housed ones ^_^

Yes but I'm not sure where the red ones should go...

I'll show you at Japfest mate ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

well, all you need to do mate.. is bring them through the bulkhead and wire them to a switch.. then from the other side of the switch to a fuse, then from the side light wire..

this then makes them turn on with the sidelights.. but you have the option to turn them off, which is good as most ebay ones are blue and green so you need to be able to turn them off!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

not at all.. get an inline fuse readily put on the red wires for me though would ya? you will also need a reel of extra wire obviously to extend each one into the car itself.

·
Registered
780 Posts

i'll prob have my tool kits with me at japfest so we can do anything while there on both days (not that hondas break down lol) i'll make sure to bring extra wire n tape as well

cheers alec, corse i'll buy you a beer, you'll laugh wen you see mine they look so bad, almost as tho they have exma!! its like they had selotape all over them and then it rained and now its slowly peeling orr leaving a dull finish :(

·
Registered
780 Posts

i have one tool box that an do anything on a car, includes enought to do an engine swap!! has cost a bit and taken a few years to build up but has all i need!! except i still can't get the engine crane into it!! gurr

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

haha thats a bit of a problem.. bring a b18 and you can do that for me while we're there.. I will pay you in forum decals haha!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts