Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a simple middle aged (maybe older) civic driver. My Exhaust manifold is cracked, it has been welded once and has cracked again, therefore, I need a replacement. A new one is over £350.00 and all I can find on ebay etc are stainless performance ones. I have a 1999 1.6ES VTEC SOHC Engine type D16W4 , has anyone modified one of these and has an exhaust manifold that they no longer want?. I would be grateful for any help whatsoever.

·
Registered
780 Posts
scrap yard wil be the best bet, you can't weld cast iron, which is why it broke again.

if not the performance ones are only about 70-90 quid and will be a benefit to the car, there wont be a down side to it, except for being a middle aged boy racer lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, do the perf ones fit exactly where the standard ones fit. Will perf one make a difference to fuel consumption and insurance costs etc?

·
Registered
780 Posts
i wouldn't bother telling the ins company, but if you do just tell them it was cheaper then a normal one.

they do fit quite well, usually have oversized bolt holes so you can line it up as best as possible

fuel consumption should be the same

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help, I have been trying scrap yard for days but they are not very helpful. Have also tried PartFinder and FindaPart etc online, I may wait to see what they turn up before going for performance type, but it sounds like a viable option

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
When something like this happens, I would always upgrade it. A stainless performance one would look great (even though I know you're not after that) and is far cheaper than an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) one.

Yes, they fit exactly as your old one did. Here is one on ZeroCool's Civic:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Edd
I think all D type engines use the same manifold. I would be interested in yours if it is the right one. Could you send a picture for me to check

This is the stainless version of my manifold:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Edd
I doesn't look the same as mine, so I won't risk it as I have already made the mistake of taking delivery of the wrong one Thanks for your trouble anyway, much appreciated.
PJG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts