Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have finally got round to fitting my new manifold and full exhaust system, and after carefully arranging my tools i put spanner to bolt, and realized i haven't a clue what im doing!, so before i undertake this task has anyone got any useful tips on how to make this easier? or even things you've cocked up so i can try to avoid it??
Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
its not that hard but when you havent got tools such as a ramp or pit, then its like almost impossible to do... 90% of any work on a car is having the correct tools

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got two decent jacks and a set of axle stands do you think that im being very silly trying to undertake it with my back on the floor? am i likely to be squashed like a fly? being only identified by my feet poking out? :sad:

·
Registered
211 Posts
haha sorry i didnt mean to make you out to be silly, iv seen TOO MANY people try to jobs under their car with just 1 jack and its like you look at them and think "you cant do that with just a jack you need the car to be higher and more stable".. but ye obviously i dont want anything to happen to you :redface: LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i appreciate your concern, so dispite pair of jacks and axle stands i would be a t*t to try n do it?
dont worry about making me out to be silly........i AM silly and if theres the slightest chance of me f*cking it up i Deffinatly will, i have a rare condition i refer to as "luck-impaired"
thanks for the feedback...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do, they look pretty seized up tbh, hopefully will not be to tricky, and no i still havent got round to doing it yet....

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
You can do it without a ramp or a pit a piece of piss. Get it jacked up put the axle stands under it and you will be fine. If you want even distribute the weight between the axle stands and the jacks.

There is plenty of room under the car to fit an exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts