Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1271 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right , as i said b4 i wanted 2 slam my Civic so this is some of the pics of how it went ;) I lowered only the back so far cause theres 2 many things that can go wrong on the front ( will do it on tuesday/wednesday ) :) . I u can c from the pics i had 2 cut one of the shox because screw stuck inside it n there was no way to remove it < rust > lol plus in the end i used the old springs on new shox cause the car wasnt low enough :D lol more pics soon , new wheels r closin in :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: EJ9 updated ( pics pics pics ):D

pretty much everything is covered in rust ( i bought it 3 months ago , previous owner wasnt takin gd care of it ) so i will b changin all the control arms , brake discs n pads ( next payday ) etc ... am lookin forward 2 it ! :D

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts

what are those coilovers mate? jamex? hows the ride? ... im looking same height as yours

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

i was gunna say the same thing ^^^ lol gunna do it myself soon :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

will do ;) cheers for comments :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yea , the coilies r raceland n so far am happy with them ;) already feel the bumps on ma ass :D gonna lower the front on monday or so , hopefully no more probs ;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

am gonna paint the drums black me thinks ... ;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

+ guys , theres is no way u can lower EJ9 on these springs ! The ones attached to coilies r 2 long n 2 hard , the car is to light 2 compress them enough . when i first put the car on wheels right after i done the fitting , it was higher than b4 !!! n it was on the lowest ! lol so i decided my last chance is to check if the old springs will make a diff n they did :D am lucky previous owner put lowering springs on the car like , it was so much easier ;) a think that the final look is all worth the effort ! :D

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts

nice one! my mate just got Raceland coilovers for his MX-5 and they sent the wrong ones! :(
2 year gaurantee so not bad for like £180!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

hehe lol yea , its not a bad price at all , will c how long they will last like ;) am plannin 2 rebuild the whole car during summer anyway so probably gonna buy new coilies :D or maybe just leave these if am happy with them , will c ... ;)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts

So you got the front done yet?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

will start 2moro n hopefully finish it as well ;) as soon as i get it done will post pics of the whole car :D

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

lowerin the front in progress :D had the same prob as in the back , screw mad drillin 2moro lol look at the disc n pads ... RUST RUST RUST ... gonna get new pads n discs next week ( payday ) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

pads r fuckin dead , bravo for the previous owner lol

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts

bloody hell, when i first had a look at that first pic i thought how the fook has he manged to do that to his discs... lol yes its late at night!

1 - 20 of 1271 Posts