Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road fatalities everywhere in the UK for the past ten years, they're all on this map. And you can search your area, check out black spots etc..
This actually brings it home for me as my cousin is a fatality dot on this map as he was killed in 2008 at just 18 years old and it goes to show how deadly the roads can be seeing just how many dots there are.

It's a good reality check, so give it a look. More importantly, keep your head screwed on when out on the roads!

Here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow.
That really puts it into perspective looking at that. All those dots are lives that's been lost.
Deffo makes you wonder what will happen everytime you get behind the wheel... :wtf:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Pretty shocking.

there is one on the list near me where the date is wrong by 10 years lol The accident happened this year, not 2001

Being in an area where this kind of thig happens rarely, nearly everyone I clicked on I could remember the stories on the news and what happened

·
Registered
382 Posts
scarry stuff, some of these happened on the roads where i drive daily and at times a bit to quick!

·
Registered
72 Posts
This brings back memories of a young boy who had just passed his driving test at 18 and was racing some chavs late at night and lost control on the corner of a bridge, my area was quite shocked because everyone knew him and I still see his little brother everyone now and then. So sad but its shockig that most of the fatalities are motorbike riders at night with the car involved usually just injured, gotta be careful guys, love your cars but love your life more

·
Registered
220 Posts
Green said:
Road fatalities everywhere in the UK for the past ten years, they're all on this map. And you can search your area, check out black spots etc..
This actually brings it home for me as my cousin is a fatality dot on this map as he was killed in 2008 at just 18 years old and it goes to show how deadly the roads can be seeing just how many dots there are.

It's a good reality check, so give it a look. More importantly, keep your head screwed on when out on the roads!

Here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720
This is a great link, but tragic when you think about it.

Just had a look for an accident near me, which is on there.

A dear friend of mine lost both his grandmother and mother in the same incident.

Some loser was driving obscenely fast down a public road where they were walking and he killed them both.

I'm too mad to go into what I feel when I think of it.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Found the crash sites of 2 people I went to school with. Really brings it all back seeing them as a statistic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
a17, brant broughton there is a marker for where my dad crashed his truck 3yrs ago, the tree he hit is still there, and since then 2 other truck's have crashed in that spot :'( , how many does it take before something is done about it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Between all those mobiles that are on the road and people paying less attention while driving, I would expect these numbers to go up even more. I like the saying that the cars we drive have never been safer, but the people who operate them have never been more careless

1 - 18 of 18 Posts