Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this site so throught I would say hello as i'm registered on pretty much every other Honda forum :)

Heres a few pics of My Civic EK which i'm using in the Nippon race series starting on Sunday at Silverstone.....hope you like ;)

This was taken when I was using it for Rallying.................................

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice car mate!!!

Welcome to the forum..

I think you're the first Race style member!! :)

What BHP is it? good luck on sunday ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the warm welcome guys 8-|

Basically bought it back in August 2005 from a mate as a standard EK4 and started stripping it within hours of buying it. It took 13 months to build it into a tarmac rally car and competed on a few rounds of the Cotswold championship. Then I did a track day in the middle of last year which made me decide that it might be worth trying a bit of track racing. I heard about the Nippon race series back in November and spent the last few months converting it to race spec ready for the first 2 rounds at Silverstone this Sunday.

Spec? Quite long but not huge engine wise as I was restricted to 1600cc for rallying, although due to change at some point this year.......here goes :D

EK9 B16b (baffled sump, adj cam gears, BMC panel filter, Fujitsubo EX manifold, Custome de-cat, Buddyclub spec IV exhaust, Magnecor leads, Koyo Alloy Rad,
S4C gearbox with 4.785FD, Quaife ATB lsd, Fidanza flywheel and Exedy clutch.
Tein Type-RE coilovers, Skunk 2 front camber arms (3.5 negative), Omni power rear camber arms (2.75 negative), Whiteline front 27mm ARB, Whiteline rear 22m ARB with H/D mount kit and polybushed droplinks. DC sports front and rear strut braces, Megan Rear LCA's
Willwood Dynalite calipers with 298mm discs and bells, Hawk Blue 9012 pads (standard rears) in-car bias adjuster.
Fully stripped including ABS, Power steering, sunroof, inner door panels and crash bar. Carbon fibre bonnet, full 5 piece perspex window kit, Odyssey lightweight race battery, all lines run inside the car and then all the obvious safety equipment etc etc

Probably missed loads but i'm sure you get the idea ;)

As for cost..........loads but it has a purpose so I dont mind and yes, it goes very well although plenty of scope for more power (just no money to do it) >:-(

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
bloody hell, thats a hell of a list!! Nice to see the massive amount of enthusiasm though.

And i agree that you can spend so much if it has a purpose. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The EK4 comes with he B16a2 (Vti) but I replaced it with the B16b as I picked one up complete at a bargain price of £1k

Alec........You have to weigh up what you want from your car before stripping it really. I love mine but although its fully road legal, I rarely use it on the road unless its dry as its not a nice car to drive for any distance. Its noisy, cold and it has no heaters to demist the windows. Plus it cant be locked and the handling running on semi-slicks and stupid camber makes even the easiest of roads a nightmare.........but also fun at times 8-|

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nickyboy said:
surely this beats any other 1.6 in a race!

would have to be a tarmac race though, obviously rallying is alot more down to driver skill

i`ve seen ek9`s beat alot bigger cars on racetracks
The track day I did last year was organised by the Mitsubishi Lancer owners club and round the twisty bits I was faster than quite a few. Obviously I was a little behind on the straights but still wasnt far off. Another example was the first rally I did with the new engine fitted. There were 90 cars with 23 in the 1600cc class and after the very 1st stage, i was 15th overall and 2nd in class (only 2 seconds off 1st), Unfortunately I cut a corner too much and slid wide on the grass throwing me into a steel fence >:-( .....all part of the fun though!

Its quick for a 1600cc but its the handling that is very impressive and thats where Civics come into their own. No point having loads of power if it wont go around corners :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
welcome mate, you're a few steps ahead of me and my ek4, well a few steps is really alot more!!

loving the car and welcome.

BTW alec i've stripped all mine out, except for the dash and front door cards and its so noisey, also with the new suspension even more noisey and uncomfortable on the road. but it is fun :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
nope :)

i've not put any decent pix of my ek up yet!! i'm going to polish it this weekend and then put the pix up!!

i'm even sad enough to polish the interior, floor, sides, roof, sparewheel well lol i'm so sad >:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts