Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As subject, will standard EP3 seats fit into an EJ9 i have been told by a friend that they are a straight swap including brackets but he is normaly wrong about this kinda stuff so wanted some advice of some more experienced people (you guys).

cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
ive got some anniversary edition ep3 type r seats in my ej9 :mrgreen: asfar as i can tell my rails have been 'modified' to fit into my car, doesnt look like much work though, hope this helps

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea they will fit mate, iv the red ep3 seats in mine, but they are currently sitting with only three bolts fitted lol

stable but obviously have no chance of passing my m.o.t with it like this!! it will be your back inside bolts that wont fit!!

but by the looks of it you just need to drill a new hole through the bracket base!! im just afraid to do this at the moment

as mine were previously in a eg civic and they have already been drilled very close to where i would need to drill!!

btw if your tall you will find the ep3 seats sit a bit more further forward and higher up!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kewl cheers guys, my brother has got an EP3 so mite try an persuade him to let me try it with one of the seats from his because im just over 6 foot, so they will fit without any mods but only on 3 of the 4 bolts? have i understood that right? lol
thanks agen for your help

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea!! 3 of the 4 will fit!! the back left for the drivers seat and the back right for the passenger will not go in!!

but it seems to be a simple matter of just drilling through the rail!! thats what the guy did to them who sold me them so sadly its

not so easy for me as i will be drilling right beside where he drilled and the bolt will just slide between the two holes rele!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ye i see ur problem, cheers for all the help dude, sorry for being such a dumbass lol.
hope u get urs sorted soon . i own a set or corbeau forza buckets that i wanted to put in but i can find subframes for them anywere an i probs wudnt be able to get into the back of the car with them in, i had that problem wen i had them in a mini, had to climb between the front seats to get into the back lol
cheers agen bud

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lmao!!

no worries, tbh i was pestering people on here before i purchased mine wandering if they would fit or not, as i had

never swapped seats before,

good luck gettin them in, they rele set the interior off!!

only annoying thing for me really is the way they sit a bit higher and more forwards, felt like driving a different car

for a while but you soon get used to it lol!! you will also find it harder to get your hands down the side of the seats

as the seats are bigger than the standard ones,

but its all worth it lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ye like i sed my brother has an ep he dusnt drive anymore so il borrow the seats from that an try them out for abit before i buy some for myself :). the only seats iv ever changed before are puttin the corbeaus in my mini an that is literally 2 bolts, plus i had the proper subframes and everythin so was really easy. they make such a difference to your confidence aswell its crazy!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts