Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I've got a facelift EP3 on 150k miles. Recently it's started knocking on sharp right turns in both forward and reverse. The car also vibrates terribly from the front although it doesn't do this when cold but is much worse the longer you've been driving for.
I'm leaning towards thinking it's a CV joint issue but it's strange I can't hear a clicking this is a definite knocking/clunking that I can hear through the cab although it's not particularly loud!
I know theese cars are renowned for rack issues so I was wondering if it could be something related to that? Steering centers fine, has no play and doesn't feel tight so I'm guessing it probably isn't rack related.. has anyone had anything similar that they could shed some light on mine
Many thanks!! ☺

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check your ball joints and bushings. I had the same problem. CV joints click during turns. I this a repetitive tick-tick-tick-tick or does it clunk when you turn only? Latter is a bushing / ball joint problem. If you have no play, rack is fine and EPS is working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply!
Its like a light knock but not a click I can hear though the car when turning. then the bad vibration at speed. both ball joints were replaced around 3 months ago with oem parts and are fine.
Front suspension arm bushes have slight age cracking to the rubber but nothing significant. It's a strange one. Is there anything that i'm missing?
Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's hard to video tape while driving, but are you in gear when turning or are you drifting? Does the click happen at any other time (standing idle?).

Like this click? Engine knock and piston bearing -

Or this click? Clutch release bearing -

I had a "clunk" when turning and hitting bumps and you can hear it and "feel it" (although I think that's just psychosomatic) from the inside. Turned out even with a "good looking" bushing, it still shifts and clicks. I replaced all four fronts and now rear "clicks".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts