Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best induction kit for my ep3 ctr? i was thinkin about a AEM v2 cold air kit any ideas?

·
Registered
142 Posts
The V2 for the EP3 isn't a cold air system (even though the V2 systems for most other cars are a CAI design), you get a cold-air intake from AEM where the filter sits in the front bumper but there's a risk of sucking water into the engine through these kits (known as hydrolock, almost always fatal to the engine)

Best filters (no particular order)

GruppeM Ram-air box (there are two kits but the carbon box one if far superior)
Injen CAI
AEM V1 CAI
Mugen airbox
ITG Maxogen
ARC airbox (although I've only seen a picture of this fitted to an american EP3, the kit's designed for the DC5 integra but it should fit the EP3 without much hassle)

I've got a V2 on mine and I believe that the heatsoak issue is blown way out of proportion tbh but I am saving for a GruppeM as it's a better filter, and it'll match the other carbon I've got under the bonnet 3:)

·
Registered
795 Posts
ctr_lee here on the forum has a V2 on his CTR. ALthough I don't know if he's got any power gains from it..it sounds incredible!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi im looking to buy an induction kit but not sure wot one to go for i have hearing that some make you loose power n some turn the engine managment light on im not looking for an increase in power just sound and dont mind how much it costs if any1 can help pls do thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts