Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently got myself a 2003 type R. I’ve scoured a few forums and no ones really explained what’s going on here and I’ve not had a definite solution. So, I’m having a slight hesitation issue when accelerating in vtec. 1st to 2nd is great, spot on. 2nd-3rd and 3rd to 4th when I get up in the revs and change gear whilst in vtec (~8k revs) release the clutch and straight back on the accelerator I get this hesitation from the car. It doesn’t cut out or feel like it’s about to stall… Only lasts about a second but it’s enough to notice I’m not putting any power down.

from what I’ve read there’s something called a drive by wire? Which can cause this but that’s in slightly newer Hondas? Correct me if I’m wrong

basically Noones been able to give me a definite solution and any help will be appreciated.

the only mode I have on my car are a short shifter and an induction kit but I can’t see that being the problem? Oil level is good and spark plugs are in good condition (will double check this).

cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your car's torque and power curves. https://www.automobile-catalog.com/curve/2003/1132235/honda_civic_type-r.html
I'm sure you understand the difference between torque and power during acceleration.

Drive by wire is a system - as anything but the most perfunctory of research would have revealed.

'Induction kit' can mean anything from some dodgy filter on some horrible plastic corrugation to a full race kit with metal smoothbore tubing. It's not unusual for people to fit these - and never clean (cleanable) filters or replace the filter - which becomes an impediment to air flow. If I felt there was a problem, that would be the first place I'd start looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts