Honda Civic Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i was thinking if i could get a rear ended EK with a fine engine bay etc i could do the swap into that and get it all running and linked up and running right and then do a unbolt and bolt back into mine then, just an idea might make it a bit easier that way i can spend as long as i want on the one in the crash damaged one

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
its posible to get it in in a weekend, it takes me a day to remove two engines and get one back into the preffered car, but the set up nd the extras take the time then, like alec says you need stuff you don't think about and the hop is always closed!!

i was down the scrappy the other day and noticed that the eg has the same engine mounts as my B18, so this would be a piece o piss compared to installing new mounts like i had to on my ek! that could be done in a long weekend, with a running car after the 4 days!! 1.8 EG ummmmmmmmmmmm 8-|

i wouldn't reccomend the b16 into an ek as i don't think there that quick, esp compared to my 1.8, i removed the B16 for the B18 and am so happy with the result, looks like its meant to be there (thnkfully for insurance companies) 8-|

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
crxhugh said:
its posible to get it in in a weekend, it takes me a day to remove two engines and get one back into the preffered car, but the set up nd the extras take the time then, like alec says you need stuff you don't think about and the hop is always closed!!

i was down the scrappy the other day and noticed that the eg has the same engine mounts as my B18, so this would be a piece o piss compared to installing new mounts like i had to on my ek! that could be done in a long weekend, with a running car after the 4 days!! 1.8 EG ummmmmmmmmmmm 8-|

i wouldn't reccomend the b16 into an ek as i don't think there that quick, esp compared to my 1.8, i removed the B16 for the B18 and am so happy with the result, looks like its meant to be there (thnkfully for insurance companies) 8-|
wheres your B16?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
sat in pieces in the sky!!

the guy i bought the car off stuck the piston out the side, there was nothing to salvage off the entire engine!! the engine was blown up 2years ago!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
crxhugh said:
esp compared to my 1.8, i removed the B16 for the B18 and am so happy with the result, looks like its meant to be there (thnkfully for insurance companies) 8-|

Do you declare your swaps then no??

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
nope!! looks like the B16 has the engine code filed off so how did i know when i bough the car??!! :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
lol, they wont belive that man!! they're not stupid, you basically have invalid insurance..

as do i.. lol.. i have nothing declared. not even alloys.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
hehe i've got away with it 5 times so far :D

yeah i've not told them bot the exhaust, induction kit or suspension either haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there mate i'm in coventry too wondering if you have any time for work and how long you will be here for or if you have decided where you will go?... i want to build a honda too i used to have one then moved onto turbo cars (they are great) but still got to admit always miss the n/a sleepers. I know i want an ek or mb6 if its an ek i would want either k20 or the b18 with b20 bottom..... (what do you recommend? considering cost, power and fuel consumption as main factors) if its the MB6 i really like the VTI-s i had one before but it was standard... i would want the itr box and teg sir ecu (is it that one i would want or type r one?) and then b20 bottom end and some body stiffining.... I personally prefer the mb6 for practicality cos i hate having to let passengers climb in and out of the same doors but if the difference is going to be massive, in terms of speed and handling then i guess the ek it is, but of course this would depend on cost difference also so please let me know your opinion. Also last question would the ek (if b20 choice) need the teg box and ecu aswell? thanks i know its alot please give me a quote thanks also any ones input is most welcome..... best wishes Ken

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Yes, it's about engine swaps, but not your engine swap. This topic is already two pages long, and you can't open up a different conversation as to the original one. If you just copy and paste your question into a new topic it will get far more attention.

Hope you understand.

·
Registered
332 Posts
im in need of a vti engine for my eg esi, its supposed to be a real easy drop, it drops in fine, think you have to change where the map sensor goes and ecu etc but then oyur away! anyone know where there is a b16a2 for sale?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts