Honda Civic Forums banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
yes identical engines the a2 came in the civic 5 door MA chassis and your a4 is the ej9 chassis

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
hamster said:
just out of curiosity, would a h22 or h20 engine fit into a civic ej6, and if so home much work will have to be done
whats a H20???.. h22 does fit, custom mounts, shafts, gearlinkages and vtec loom.. alot harder a swap than a b-series

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
i havnt got a clue about preludes, lol,

a H22 doesnt pack that more punch then a B18 with easy mods, much easier to fit.

The H22 also doesnt wieght that much more then a B18, so ive been told anyway.

·
Registered
897 Posts
What! They are fuckin huge, reading about other peoples h22 coup's they have a tendency to try and kill you. They are only good if you want a good bit of torque. Horrible engine in my eyes

·
Registered
8 Posts
im looking at putting a b18c4 into my civic ek3 i know the engine mounts need to be uprated but what else do i need to uprate to take the power and weight.
cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi same with me here really. I decided I want to get the most power into my 98 Honda Civic Coupe so what Engines would you suggest? I was looking to add a y8 head onto the y7 engine but that will increase the power by roughly 20bhp. Any suggestions? :thumbup:

Pepe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have a 96 civic coupe ej8 with a d16y8 and have just bought a b16a2 and was wondering what will be a direct fit in the swap and what wont? Like wires mounts etc. I have the gearbox drive shafts engine wires, will I need to change the ecu? sorry if this has been asked already.

Cheers, Theo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

Ive a 99 civic EJ9 manual (prefacelift) and ive spotted a D15B engine from a imported CRX but with auto gear box.
the engine comes with ecu, auto gearbox, drive shaft ( not sure if theres loom or not)
got a few question below that needs help with:

1, can my old EJ9 gearbox bolt onto the new D15B engine?
2, Can i use my old EJ9 Loom?
3, do i need to worry about immobiliser?
4, After reading the whole thread, i reckon the engine mounts are the same for D14 and D15, am i correct?

reason i want to do this is because i just want a little bit of vtec fun while keeping a good mpg.

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, after searching this site and google, ive found a lot of information, but i wanted to ask, I want to change the D15z6 from my EK3 to a B18C. First thing, will the type r engine fit? Also, what do i need to change along with the engine?
If theres a guide that tells me about that engine swap that i have missed, could somebody point me to it please?

Thanks, James

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for this Adrian, now I know I can go ahead with a K24A2 swap :D Just one thing, what severe modifications are we talking about here?
look i asked on here for info on an h22a swap all i can say is if you have a good head on your shoulders just go for it my h22a swap is in with out any hammers our serious mods as i was led to believe
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a honda civic from 2000. i want to putt a crx vtec b16a1 engine in my car. is that possible? i'm from holland so excuse me for my english.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apologies if this has been answered but there is far too much on here to sift through for such a small bit of info :L I've got an EG3...looking at B16a2 or b18c4 to go in soon, I'm getting a garage to do the swap as I don't have the time or space and I kinda want the reciept.

So obviously don't wanna give them the car and engine and find out mid way through the swap that I'm a few bits short and have to wait for them to be ordered in and cost me more money. So obviously engine, gearbox and vtec loom to go with. But what about ECU and driveshafts etc? What bits that are already on the EG can I expect them to use? Cheers :D

121 - 140 of 152 Posts