Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to this forum and i hav a 1999 civic coupe Vti.. only problem is i crashed it last week. the engine is still sweet tho and i wanna buy another lower model civic e.g an sr or ls and put my engine in2 it. does any1 kno if thers gonna b alot of complications or is it farely straight forward other than the wiring looms.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think you will need to change the loom not 100% sure but I think thats right...

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Any photos of your crashed car? :p

You need to tell us exactly what model you want to swap into. Usually only minor loom changes are needed, although sometimes your engine mounts need to be moved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im gonna go for a 98 or 99 coupe SR single cam vtec.. on the hope that this will b easier to change the engine cos im thinkin the mounts should b the same or similar and the looms should only need minor change.

·
Registered
211 Posts
my old SR Coupe had a VTI engine but i brought it like that, i heard it wasnt a difficult swap.. i now have a proper coupe VTI... show me pics of your crash i destroyed my passanger rear quarter panel on my Coupe VTi and every body shop told me it wasnt worth repairing and would cost me atleast £2000 to fix then i found a garage that done it for £800 (including parts and labour and spraying the panel to match) ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
orite that crash sounds worse than mine. where about in britain r u? i will uplaod pics soon. if it cant b fixed il b doing most of the work myself anyway!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts