Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any 1 help i brought a fully forged d16z6 engine for my ek3 would i need to change the loom and can i use my old gear box off my d15z6
thank

·
Registered
68 Posts
No the loom is not the same because D16Z6 is OBD1 and your EK4 is OBD2 you will need to modify it a little bit or just change everything to OBD1 and yes you can use your old gearbox

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes it can be turboed. and you old box will fit but the ratios on the ek3 are very high but you'll already kno that
visit homemade turbo .com they have a guid to it and what turbo size to fit which engine codes mate also with it being forged you wanna check whether its not got high comp pistons cos if it hasd you WON'T be able to turbo it on those pistons you'll have to keep it n/a or get new pistons

·
Registered
770 Posts
all d-series boxes are interchangable apart from the DOCH d-series like the D16A9.

the D16Z6 and Y7 are the cloest ratio UK d-series box.

theres absolutly no reason you cant turbo higher compression ratio's, in a D-series i wouldnt drop below OE compression.

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh i didnt know that thort it was irreliable lol just that i know loads of yanks put vitara pistons in cos they have lower comp but maybe thats just for stupid boost pressures.

·
Registered
770 Posts
your also notice they tend to run custom length rods to bring the CR back up and deck the block.

a set of eagle rods and CP OE CR pistons will do you well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts