Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had a problem where their car seems to over rev between 3rd and 4th gear?
Everytime i go between this gears, my car makes a hunting noise and it sounds like an automatic does when it changes gear...hard to explaing, but i notcied my rev counter goes up when this happens then drops down to normal...i am not riding the clutch and the clutch aint sticking to my knowledge...my fuel consumption has dropped to 34mpg..
any ideas?
its booked in to be looked at but wondered if anyone knew of this problem???? :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ,

My car has just started doing the same. it occurs on my car between 2000 and 2500 revs .

Sounds like it will be the clutch slipping, Which is crap on a car(My car 2007) that pretty new.

Im heading into HONDA this week to get it looked at. Only had it a few months. Done lots of miles though(9000).

Still, not the reliability you expect ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey!

Mine is going into Honda tomorrow for a check up...i think you are right though...
My father is an engineer and took it for a drive and noticed the clutch was not as biting as it was before!
Its also Hydraulic which could be the issue...my car does it on same revs as you, between 2 and 2500, oddly enough!

Dont think cold weather is helping the fuel consumption but if the clutch is knackered then thats a thing to get fixed under warranty!
Mine has 9880 on the clock too..maybe a design fault?

x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Just joined today after experiencing an issue with my 2006 Civic 1.8 V-tec.
When releasing the clutch I'm experiencing a delay when the clutch starts to bite which means slightly more revs than normal.
Nothing excessive but not the normal either.
Car has been bought from new, now 3years old and 21k miles.
Have contacted the service department who claim that they have had no issues with the hydraulic clutch - to date.
They say it might be related to a sensor that is used for the cruis control.
Just wondered if anyone out there has experienced the same problem before I take it in on Sat 30th.

Any update to any of the previous potential clutch issues raised ?.

Cheers

Dougie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi :)

I have recently purchased a diesel honda civic and mine has got the same problem it is only an 07, i took it back to the garage with a creaky clutch pedal and it has come back with the clutch slipping. in 3rd and 4th gear it never happened before they done something to the pedal.

It is hopefully going back into honda this week to get it sorted.

Has anyone had theirs sorted yet and what was the problem?
Thanks Mike :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Just read all the posts. This problem occurred on my 57 plate Civic shorty after I purchased it. As described above it occurred just prior to the boost kicking in about 2000-2500rpm, the engine revs would increase quickly then drop suddenly like it was an automatic changing up a gear. I managed to demostrate the problem to a Honda Technician at my local garage. It was then found to be a fault with the pressure plate on the clutch causing it to slip. Thankfully it was sorted under warranty.

Hope this help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello :)

Took my civic back to honda today and the technician took it for a drive and found that they had adjusted the pedal to much and the sensor was sticking. he described it as driving with your foot rested on the pedal constantly, he adjusted it again and the problem has gone now. :)

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello, mine had an avarege fuel consumption of at least 40mpg...but since I had a LITTLE engine problem with it, now only want to do 29-30 top....???? any excuse from Honda??? :lolno:

·
Registered
459 Posts
i think its best if you guys check your cars for warranty purpose because those shaped civics do have a few clutches going due to uneven wear on the clutch plate so i advice you guys to go to your dealership to check it over and do it under warranty whilst you can!

·
Registered
53 Posts
jribeiro said:
i think its best if you guys check your cars for warranty purpose because those shaped civics do have a few clutches going due to uneven wear on the clutch plate so i advice you guys to go to your dealership to check it over and do it under warranty whilst you can!

R u an undercover honda spy? :geek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
jribeiro said:
Ha no but would be a cool job though! I actually work at a dealer myself as a tech so I do know of many complaints!

I dont think so , unless you want to get shot...by me.
By the way the rattling just started again this afternoon... NO warning lights...I lost all hopes.
Well done Honda quality :clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts