Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl i just got my self a civic sr 4dr 1.6 8v vti and i have a mate hes got a honda 2.3 engine is it easy to do a convarsion on swap engine,ecu,ect....ect.... please ppl let me know what i need i will put some photos 2 morrows thank you :) o_O

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
A "honda 2.3". Well that sure gives us lots of information. What engine is it? If you really know it is an easy conversion, then yeah go for it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its a H23 out of one of the preludes, TBH mate I wouldn't bother find yourself a H22 and use one of those.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello again :) lets start a gain lol i was a bmw owner and i just changed to the HONDA...the engine in my honda its a 1.6 8v i think is single head vti no ideas ph she is so i was wondering who easy or wot do i need to change the engine ???from a honda PRELUDE 2.3 MANUAL had a repild 30000 from honda and my mate he just cant be ask with it any more ,wen he looked @ mine he side to me wel ask around and find wot you need to do a engine convarsion i(((( i hope give you a bit or info ))))

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello again lets start a gain lol i was a bmw owner and i just changed to the HONDA...the engine in my honda its a 1.6 8v i think is single head vti no ideas ph she is so i was wondering who easy or wot do i need to change the engine ???from a honda PRELUDE 2.3 MANUAL had a repild 30000 from honda and my mate he just cant be ask with it any more ,wen he looked @ mine he side to me wel ask around and find wot you need to do a engine o_O (((( i hope give you a bit more info....thankyou ))))[

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
actually its probably not a vti and all non vti's have a SINGLE CAM but have 16 VALVES.
Vti's have Two cams and 16 Valves.

the 2.3 is a non vtec car so would only be a bit more powerful (trading a lightweight engine with a bit of power for more power but more weight)
the 2.2 engine out of the prelude is the one to go for if you want more cc's but its easier and cheaper to go for a vti engine (either out of a 1.6 vti, 1.8vti 5 door or getting the integra engine-all very similar engines)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi mate i have no i dea if is The same in the mounts or not hmmm :- i need to have a [email protected]@k at the other car also what drive shaft will i need to use or do i have to get a new ones to fit or do i use the 2.3 ones is all not sure about thes things :( please help guys lol thankyou also would you know how do you uploud pics inb hear lol i just cant figer it out lmao

1 - 12 of 12 Posts