Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hii
ive got a 95 reg civic coupe its a 1.5 16v non vtec engine
i think it is a fairly nippy engine but would like some help to make it quicker all round
just need to know what would be good tips to change on it or do to it
i have fitted an induction kit and a 4 into 1 manifold and downpipe
also what model code would it be someone told me it could be a b15 bu i dont know :S
cheers ian

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Not sure for a model codes, But i can give you some tips on engine tuning. If you want maximum power, your gonna want to change the cat for a De-cat, then a nice smooth flowing exhaust system. Make sure the pipe work is the same size of your going to get buffering from the exhaust gases as they leave one size and enter another size. That's an easy mod, How much are you wanting to spend, coz if you've got a good budget you could go for a B16a2 VTI engine = 160bhp. but its gonna cost you if you want to do that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the tips .. i dont really want to do anything major to be honest but just little things really like throttle body or things like that .. what would fit or anything like that mabe other injectors. im a mechanic so a little switched on but i work at a fiat and alfa garage so really dont no wat is best for civics .. will be getting a de cat pipe now tho

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
de-cat is the best place to start for power, just it wont past a mot with it on so keep the original cat and put it on whenyou need to mot your car.
Quite a cheap area to mod as well, £50 and you can get an extra 4-6bhp form the pipe (with a full exhaust sytem on the car). If you lighten the car you will make the car faster, replacing the standard seats with light seats is good, lighter wheels, bonnet, boot, door cards etc etc etc. Plus it'll help you on petrol too as your not hauling a haevy car around so you should see better MPG too

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Erm i'd imagine it would fit,but please dont quote me on that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts