Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys does anyone know the easiest and most certain way to determain if an engine is misfiring(at Idle i think?) Any comment will be appreciated :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im gettin a sense it MAY be misfiring as at idle, when engine is upto normal operating temp its slightly juddery like a misfire and idling around 500rpm. I want to know a sure way to find out though

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed plugs a few months ago to denso iridiums, got Aem v2, Straight through exhaust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it misfires under load though could be wrong! I'll have to get someone to have a look at it as I can't seem to put my finger on it. All that seems to happen is when its at idle the engine slightly stutters, nothing major though.
When im driving the car seems fine, though only sometimes when im in vtec the car seems to pull better at other times.(only me in car) :-

·
Registered
770 Posts
youe engine is far likely to missfire under load then at idle.

it sounds like your does whet mine dose, due to breather mods and no tune it causes the engine to run "funny".

·
Registered
770 Posts
but not at higher rmp???

do you not think thats a bit wierd?

my car has similar characteristics to what he is discribing and i know for sure my engine in tip top condition.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
i know one thing i would like to hear and drive it to feel the problem for my self
thats the only thing with forums as much as i like them
problems like this are almost imposable to solve when theres not a definate problem or description
its like phoning the doctor and asking him to diagnose your problem over the phone

we can but try thou :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts