Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys am fairly new here, just brought a 2002 Civic ep2 i think its known as? Anyway had it about a month now and the day i got it the engine management light came on, so i took it back to him and he said something about it running out of petrol while he had it which led to a pile of crap getting into it etc etc... Now i know almost nothing about car mantaince soo yeah could this actually turn the light on? and Also since then it has come on a futher 3 times, which i've then taken back and hes reset it or do whatever he does to it.. Now this seems to be taking the piss a little bit.. have booked it into a honda garage tomorrow which will hopefully sort it out for me even though its like £40 just to look at it. Just wondering if theres anything anyone knows or could hazzard a guess at whats causing it and if i could fix it from home rather than shell out for it to be done...

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure which bit it is i need but yeah seemed silly money... was looking about read about de cat systems, i'm gona assume that means no cat, for example... http://www.janspeed.com/index.php?page= ... &Itemid=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; buy one of them? may get a small performance boost as well with this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ugh, Emissions crap? when i took it to Honda they basically mot'ed it and it failed on that... reckon i could run it off vegtable oil or something before the mot comes around no emissions from that lol...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
vegetable oil is for diesels!

i ran my car out of fuel and it just lost power and shut off. 40 min walk later and it was running again! this was fiesta though. lamda sensor kept turning the engine light on. it had been ragged all its life and i started driving it slowly to save some fuel. seems it just needed a rag to blow it out!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cat was finally replaced couple weeks back, however i now am hearing a strange gushing noise when i'm hitting 4krpm in the lower gears, i swear i'm not mental and imagening it. Its sort of like blowing into a tube as hard as you can except its an engine so its louder. Any ideas? I did half crawl under the car and couldn't see any leaks or holes or anything..

·
Registered
9 Posts
new exhaust = new noises! dont worry about it, as long as you get the same performance there is nothing to worry about it. if it is blowing it would happen at 1k idle speed.top tip iis roll it up on a kerb & get a friend to rev it to check or leaks to settle your mind :geek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts