Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engine management light problem

hi i was wondering if anyone can help me i have a 03 plate civic i was on my way back from work tonight and went to overtake a car on a dual carriageway and soon after i pulled out my engine management light came on and started to lose power on my acceleration,
i managed to get the car home left it for an hour or more and went back out to start it it started ok but engine management light is still on but power has come back to full revs.
had the car 6 months and had no problems hoping someone out there can give me a bit of advice as to what it could be and if it is going to cost me a packet thanks from steve.
if anyone knows of any decent garages in the bristol area that would be a big help
1.7cdti 03 plate

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: honda civic 17 cdti

it needs plugging in to a machine that will give you a code for whats wrong. lots of local garages have them . honda wont charge you the earth to plug it in

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: honda civic 17 cdti

ok thats abit more than i expected .
where are you based rusty nuts i know a garage in shirly,southampton who will plug it for £25 but his labour price is a joke

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: engine management light problem

we charge an initial 35quid half hours labour inc the vat toplug .it in then take it from there ie report the problem and how mutch to fix which i dont think is to bad although lot of dealers charge an hours labour plus the vat.with the eml light on a fault code should be present should not take a age to diagnose !.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi i have just come home from work again and the car was getting me upto 60 ok then all of a sudden like when it first happened it cuts power and it only lets me do just over 20,
i popped the bonnet when i got home and started to unplug things and connect them back up but still the same so i tried sqeezing the primer on the fuel filter and it was soft as anything am i right in thinking that the primer should be solid at all times as it used to be on my other diesel cars what i have owned,
i primed it until it went solid and started the engine and it was letting me get full revs again but eml was still on.
if not does anybody have an idea what the problem could be and roughly how much i am lookign at spending to sort the problem.
thanks again from steve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: engine management light problem

rusty_nuts_2000 said:
hi i was wondering if anyone can help me i have a honda parts 03 plate civic i was on my way back from work tonight and went to overtake a car on a dual carriageway and soon after i pulled out my engine management light came on and started to lose power on my acceleration,
i managed to get the car home left it for an hour or more and went back out to start it it started ok but engine management light is still on but power has come back to full revs.
had the car 6 months and had no problems hoping someone out there can give me a bit of advice as to what it could be and if it is going to cost me a packet thanks from steve.
if anyone knows of any decent garages in the bristol area that would be a big help
1.7cdti 03 plate
Take your vehicle to an auto parts shop and see if they will hook it up with a diagnostic tool. Check Engine actually means loose gas cap. The ECU is generally the last item on any Check Engine Light diagnostic procedure. And take note that the fact that they cannot reset the light at all shows an ECU problem.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Take your vehicle to an auto parts shop and see if they will hook it up with a diagnostic tool. Check Engine actually means loose gas cap. The ECU is generally the last item on any Check Engine Light diagnostic procedure. And take note that the fact that they cannot reset the light at all shows an ECU problem.

petty
this note is wrong the fact the ecu codes cannot be cleared is not down to a faulty ecu lots of codes will stay unremovable till rectified .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts