Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i'm new to this site and wondered if anyone knew anything about engine swaps for a 1997 EK4 civic hatchback??
Its been my project for a few months now and so far its been completly stripped out and am in the process of prepping it to be sprayed..
after that i will then be looking to swap the 1.5 non vtec lump for something with a little more grunt.. i dont have a massive budget but can do all the work myself..
Can anyone help and tell me what engines can go into it??? i understand the integra type r will but there very expensive?? any help or ideas would be much appreciated!!!
Thankyou

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Any of the Honda range will fit, B series, D series, K series and H series. It all depends on how much work you want to do to get them to fit ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying.. Do you know which engines would fit straight in???
Many thanks again

·
Registered
68 Posts
All engines from B and D series will fit straight in. For K and H series you need special mounts and a lot of money

·
Registered
68 Posts
You will need complete engine with the gearbox and the engine mounts, ECU, wiring loom, driveshafts and gearshift linkage.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it would use integra mounts?? bassically a whole integra engine?? which code because there are so many engine codes i get confused lol thanks very much!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well it depends how much money you want to spend. B18C6 is the best you can get but the price will be around 2000 pounds. The cheapest one is B18C4 from civic VTI mb6. You can get also B16B from Civic Type-R EK9 but it is very rare

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks very much for your input!!! just one last quick question, is the B18C4 a black top??
Many thanks again!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
:p As far as I know it comes in black from the factory but you know how easy is to paint the cam cover so it is a matter of choice basically.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is that the non vtec?? poke in the dark you dont come from or have anything to do with swindon do you???

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a 93 hatch also with a D16Z6 and im looking to do a B18 swap. Do you know anywere i can get a B series motor, and my D16 has a bad knock but i cant tell if it serious or just a valve or something, if you do engine work or was looking to do a rebuild, i could take it out a sell it to you cheap, the guy i bought it off a few weeks ago claimed it only had 70k on the engine and 114k on the body. Just let me know and any help would be sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts