Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I need some help on the electrical side of things. First off Passenger side window doesnt work. I started off with checking the drivers side switch was on to allow passenger window to open and close. I cant see any dead fuses, and I do not know where the relays are in this car, totally different to my lude.

Secondly lights. All work fine appart from the drivers side. side light works, dipped doesnt, main beam comes on instead of dip, and when main beam is switched on it goes out. It doesnt work on flash either.

I cant find any butchered wires, nor can I find the relay, Can anyone point me to a fuseboard/relay diagram?

If anyone has any suggestions I would appriciate it. Its due for an MOT on Sat. I have rescued this car from being scrapped.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
sounds like you may have a bad earth in the lights check all the connections crimp them clean them
i presumed you have renewed the bulbs just in case one has shorted down or blown

the window if the motor is fine with the panel off the switch could be broke or dirty also the wiring by the door hinge could be broke

just some thoughts to be getting on with .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
motors for the windows are renowned for failing. bit tricky to do (not needed to do mine-YET. they work, but slowly!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well still havent cracked this. I have cleaned the connection on the light and Im still getting the same result, I have checked fuses looked for bad earths, break in the wire, but nothing. I think Im going to have to try a new switch cluster and new relays.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
I wouldnt have thought it would be the relays.

Relays will be for the things that turn off and on by themselves, indicators for example.

The only relays for the windows (dont quote me on this) would be in the motor itself and theyd be pressure sensitive incase someone trapped something in the window then it would drop down instead of carrying on upwards.

Someone back me up lol.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
MichaelVtec said:
I wouldnt have thought it would be the relays.

Relays will be for the things that turn off and on by themselves, indicators for example.

The only relays for the windows (dont quote me on this) would be in the motor itself and theyd be pressure sensitive incase someone trapped something in the window then it would drop down instead of carrying on upwards.

Someone back me up lol.
sorry mate relays are used for loads of stuff on cars lights and windows included (but not all cars)
they save the current going through the switchs ,
a relay is only a remote control switch and is used loads in cars .

·
Registered
1 Posts
If its a single bulb for both dip and main beam check that the plug for the bulb hasn't got a burnt terminal, the one nearest the near side.
as for the passenger window both switches must be ok for the window too work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts