Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a good look round the internet and ive found a fair bit about Civic electric windows. Would I be right in saying they are a bit prone to failure? ;) Unfortunately Ive not been able to find a solution to my particular problem...

The window goes down just fine - nice and level. However on the way up, the window goes up at an angle which gets worse the closer the window get to the top. It leans at an angle towards the wingmirror.

Ive taken the door panel off and greased the tracks a little. Its helped but the window is still not sealing correctly at the top. No screws or bolts are loose and I couldnt find any other defects.

Any help will be very much appriciated!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
did the window go back up fine while the door card was off,
iv noticed on my driver side door it can go up slowly sumtimes as i think the motor has near had it and the seal seems to be enough pressure on it
to be slowing it down!! if its fine with the door card off then its most likely your seal causing problems if your motor has weakened down!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paul20v said:
did you spray silicon spray on the rubber runners ( dont use grease or oil based sprays etc it swells the rubbers )
I used harmonic grease (B4 No.2) which I believe is oil based (synthetic) so it probably wasn't the best choice of lubricants in this case. I will ensure I only use silicon on the seals from now on.

I was thinking of replacing the rubbers and the weather-strip anyway, however I've not been abe to find a company that supplies them. No luck on ebay either.

Also, I didnt notice any difference in the windows performance with the door card removed - it would still come up at an angle.

I will have another look today and see if I have any more luck. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With my drivers side window I found there was a very slight kink in the seal which is now more exagerated each time i use it. I put it down it to needing a new seal to make sure all the gaps are consistent.

·
Registered
679 Posts
both my windows wer going up and down quite slowly and have noticed they hav been doin this for a couple weeks and just thought it would be the motor......anyway at a drivethrough i put the window down which whined and took about 5mins to actualy drop and then after it wouldnt go back up so i punched the door few times and it came up half way, jabed it again and its been fine ever since....

·
Registered
679 Posts
paul20v said:
alz327 said:
it wouldnt go back up so i punched the door few times and it came up half way, jabed it again and its been fine ever since....
Very intresting repair method lol
its called good old english mechanics....either punch it or use a hammer lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts