Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 know where i can buy a cheap pair of ek9 headlights from ?

a freind of mine told me i can open my ek4 headlights and paint the silver bit black to make it look lyk ek9 1ns

what do you rhink i should do ?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lmao i cant see how that would work to be honest lol

suppose if you really wanted to you could just buy a "smoke" tint and apply it over the front of your headlights using

a hairdryer

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
sorry when i first read it i thought he was on about painting the inside of headlight black, as in the actual face of it

thats why i suggested just putting a tint on the other side! suppose painting the reflective bits would work but i dont

personally think it would look very nice

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea, just like the stuff you would tint your windows with

but because of the slight curve on your headlights i would recommend using a heat source of some sort to wrap it

round the face, will give you a cleaner finish with no creases etc if you do it right!!

Edit:

just found this actually, so i assume its quite a common thing to do

[youtube:227rs2y6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNwRBS0UcAg[/youtube:227rs2y6]

hope this helps

edit : please use the you tube embedder thanks paul20v

Edit:

sorry paul i was trying to use that but it wasnt working for me/i dont know how to use it so after few mins of

fiddling i just decided to put the link up lol

cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was watching that video a couple of days ago i actually was going to do it but i don't fancy getting a fine... :(

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
thats bit mad, if you used a light enough tint i didnt really think it would effect the light emmitted that badly!!

suppose the police will pull you for anything these days!!

got pulled for the 1st time ever on saturday there, im driving with no exhaust on at the moment because i

need to cut into my bumper for my new exhaust lol

car sounds like a combine-harvester ffs

·
Registered
126 Posts
This was some guys car off another forum, i asked him if he'd ever been pulled and he said no, how lucky is he lol.

How do you reckon those were done?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think it looks tacky when you paint the insides, i'm gonna get some light smoke tint film and see how they look.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Bern said:
This was some guys car off another forum, i asked him if he'd ever been pulled and he said no, how lucky is he lol.

How do you reckon those were done?
that looks like its been heat shrinking tints over the face, if your worrying about it not being road legal, simply call into an accident

repair place or m.o.t center and just ask one of the people there, they will know how far you can go until its illegal

·
Registered
109 Posts
josh897 said:
that looks like its been heat shrinking tints over the face, if your worrying about it not being road legal, simply call into an accident

repair place or m.o.t center and just ask one of the people there, they will know how far you can go until its illegal
You can have no headlights at all as long as you have the appropriate MOT test. In this case, you would need a daytime only test, then it's perfectly legal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So just for example if i were to put medium smoke tint film on my headlights, do you think it would affect the light output?
I will also be fitting a 6000K Xenon HID kit soon so maybe that will help.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
zeppelin101 said:
josh897 said:

You can have no headlights at all as long as you have the appropriate MOT test. In this case, you would need a daytime only test, then it's perfectly legal.
he said road legal its different to getting your car mot d , to have a day time only test all lights have to be deleted and all switch gear disconnected and then daytime only is stated , but why would you .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts