Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my EK3 is running steelies atm I'd just like to know which Honda factory alloys would go straight on (15" or 16"). If anyone could also tell me what specs (fitment, etc) I need then that would be a great help too. Stupid question but I'm not even sure if they're 4 or 5 stud as I haven't checked yet! >:-(

Will any of these work?

Civic Vti 5 door
Prelude
Accord
EK9
DC2
Any EG's

On a side note can anyone recommend some nice lowering springs to tighten up the handling? Just want to keep it fairly simple and stick with springs rather than full kits or coilovers atm.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
you want 4 stud 4x100 fitment.
the vti 5 door wheels (known as fat fives) will not go on.
the normal ek4 vti 5 spokes will go on.
accord i dont know. some have got 4 studs but dont know pcd. accord type r 17" are 5 stud.
prelude i dont know. some are 5 stud some are 4 stud i think.
ek9 has 5 stud.
dc2 has 5 stud.

springs will just increase the stiffness of the suspension. they will not add any handling benefits as the original dampers are not right for the increase in spring rate.
if you want to do it on a budget look for proper branded spring and damper kits, like spax, koni etc. their kits match the springs to the dampers so that the overall handling can get better.
just dont skimp on wheels, suspension or brakes. do it properly otherwise the car will not be very safe.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Civic Vti 5 door - Nope
Prelude - Nope
Accord - Nope
EK9 - Nope
DC2 - Nope
Any EG's - Yes

·
Registered
53 Posts