Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kendoevo wrote:

Hi there mate i'm in coventry too wondering if you have any time for work and how long you will be here for or if you have decided where you will go?... i want to build a honda too i used to have one then moved onto turbo cars (they are great) but still got to admit always miss the n/a sleepers. I know i want an ek or mb6 if its an ek i would want either k20 or the b18 with b20 bottom..... (what do you recommend? considering cost, power and fuel consumption as main factors) if its the MB6 i really like the VTI-s i had one before but it was standard... i would want the itr box and teg sir ecu (is it that one i would want or type r one?) and then b20 bottom end and some body stiffining.... I personally prefer the mb6 for practicality cos i hate having to let passengers climb in and out of the same doors but if the difference is going to be massive, in terms of speed and handling then i guess the ek it is, but of course this would depend on cost difference also so please let me know your opinion. Also last question would the ek (if b20 choice) need the teg box and ecu aswell? thanks i know its alot please give me a quote thanks also any ones input is most welcome..... best wishes Ken

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
firstly welcome to the site ken, secondly i started this up for you so i can help you out on it.

personally i would reccomend the ek 3dr hatch with a b18, partly as i have one i know how easy it is to build, secondly i know how fast it is round a track, edd, skinny and alec will vouch for that!!

i've never built a b20 hybrid, but i bet they fly, the only thing is sourcing the parts, this will cost alot as you will need two engines to build the one!! but will give lots of torque

the k20 will be expensive as the engines and boxes are usually £1300 plus the ecu etc will take you to about £2000-2500 for the lot.

thats why i reccomend the b18 from either an mb6, civic aerodeck vti or DC2. the first are the cheaper option, as you can buy a written off car and you have everything you need, and can sell the rest as spares and will make your money back, as the spares are worth a bit!! the lsd box can often be found in some mb6's so you could be lucky, if not i've got the none lsd and its bloody good as it is!!

i would reccomend the ek4 shell as it already has discs all round and better suspension, can be stripped out well and mine handles like its on rails with just coilovers and strut braces front and rear (cage to go in soon)

hope this answers a few questions, even tho its a bit long

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ah you wernt that much faster than me through the corners i dont think it was just down the straights that you killed me! we were doing some through the corners, i went out for a hoon tonight and fucking hell my EK handles well!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah i was quite impressed with how well my car went tbh i said to dan on the way out that i reconed that you and the rest of the pack were going to lap us 2-3 times and that was being optimistic! i overtook the MR2 though :D!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i thort i would see you lots but only saw you twice i think, once at the very beginning which dnt really count, then found you near the end 3:)

i drive too hard lol

NOT!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
sounds like you guys had fun on the track. back to what was said earlier bout the frankenstein engine drop, its expensive but worthwhile!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts