Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd post up a car build thread as i'm just starting out
Trying to keep it clean and simple, but still look really smart :)
Here's how she sits just now

Comments welcome :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: First Car Ek Civic

Hellish clean mate!! Wheels will look the nuts refurbed white :D Look forward to seeing where this goes buddy :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: First Car Ek Civic

Yeah they do now, got my 3rd coat of clear on now, so just gotta let em dry and get em polished and no, fitting them this sat as i'm getting my coilovers fitted then, 100mm drop here i come :p

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Ek Civic WIP

Will do, just got the tape and paper off 2 of em, one bit of clear coat has a run, so took it off and back to white then clear again to try to fix the wee bit, and one is still drying, gonna be sitting in my room nice and warm till the weekend to dry out/harden properly :)
Then on at the weekend and see my nice wheels
They look nice and shiny, but not the best, then again it's a home job for less than £50 so what can i complain about eh? :p
Maybe get them refurbed properly next year or something if they don't last long, should get pics up tonight or tomorrow when they've dried out :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

cheers mate!

My wheels are done now, only bit i aint pleased with is where i got the run, got the scabby bit off and painted it and tried to fix it as best as i could without stripping the whole wheel back, but overall i'm really pleased for a back yard job :)

The dodgy bit :( (not too bad in person, looks worse on camers and can only really see it when you're super close, probably re-do that wheel when it gets warmer if it annoys me)

·
Registered
122 Posts

i wouldn't be to upset mate, like you say not bad for a fifty quid D.I.Y. job, get some pics up of them on your car! :cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Will do, pics will be up on either sat or sun, depending how long the coilovers take to get on :D

·
Registered
122 Posts

What coilovers did you go for out of interest? i have the same civic as you and I'm in the market for some new coilovers atm

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I got hottuning ones, £240 delivered from Belgium on Ebay :)
Got advised to get them, as they go from 20-120 and are nice and stuff and give good road holding (not to be used if you're racing, but mines just for looks and fast road use, so it's fine) just need your old top mounts put on and on ya go :)
Powdercoated white springs and polished shocks
My mate has them and the car sits really nice at about 100mm drop like (Y)

·
Registered
795 Posts

terrorerror said:
Where abouts in cumbria are you from dude?
I'm in the Lake District mate near Barrow. you near??

As for the job nicely mate, apart from that little sketchy bit nice job!!

EDIT: Just seen where your from terrorerror lol not that far away haha

·
Registered
122 Posts

hmm not for me then as i like to abuse my rust bucket round the track quite a lot, :mrgreen: but i bet it'll look mean on yours PICS ASAP!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah, well the guy i got told to get them off of does the odd one, but they aint the best like :)
If you want some good ones try Koni or eibach or something or maybe D2, but you'll be looking around the £500 for a good set that would do well on track :)
You could try forums like edinburghcruise or JDMY0 as they regularly have stuff up for sale or try ebay mate (Y)

Pics will be up as soon as i get the coilovers and wheels fitted (Y) wanting to get a good camera as my phone aint the best for taking good car pics :twisted:

Edit:

Got some pics and i thought i'd post one up

Coilovers, LCA's arrived end of last week, and got the bolts today, just need the nuts then fitting can go ahead :D

Edit:

Not updated this in so long
Got sick of my hottuning shitty coilovers, so i got some used D2's :D nice drop, can't go over anything anymore :L super low at the front haha
Few pics before the D2's and i have new wheels which need refurbed to go on :)
I'll get some pics soon of the enw ride height

Pic at a local forum meet last month

Couple of random pics i took when i was out

Got some prelude seats which i need pics of them fitted, stripped the rear seats, spare wheel etc out

And some nice rare Racing sparco NSii's which are going anthracite with Toyo Proxies T1R and some white tyre paint, perfect offset for Hellaflush!! ;)

Comments welcome, should be going for a photoshoot sometime soon with new wheels etc

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wheels will be on when I find 300 haha :)
And I got the lip off of eBay for 75 delivered mate, I want an sir one though, but screw paying 150 for a bit of plastic :L

1 - 20 of 44 Posts