Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Looks like a good shout mate, only 540 quid as well which is pretty cheap (i take it you will be fitting it yourself i hope!) the way you were hooning it round some of the corners i think it might be a good idea!

Unless you wanna get sone scafold pole and build your own using the same design?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could do, i bet you've got sum scaffold on your farm???

damn that guy sold it, i managed to find a guy who bought one and then didn't wanna fit it, only wanted 400 for it!! gurrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i want a 2 ton car it'll be fine, i'm thinkin of making my own one, its not difficult, and most of the kits need to be welded in, only difficult thing is profiling the ends of the pipes :(

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah but i recon your better off making your own and following one of the designs rather than paying through the arse for a new one (what they charge to fir is stupid!) mind you halfrauds asked me if i wanted my wiper blades fitting when i bought some new ones earlier today so i laughed and asked how much and they wanted a fiver to fit 2 wiper blades!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i shld go stand out side my local one and offer to fit stuff for people a quid less and i'd make a fortune

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
seriously tho dude you probably could, i was looking at their price list earlier something like 40 quid to fit a set of alloys, thats not balance and do the tracking thats literly to jack the car up take the old ones off and put the new ones on...

10 quid to fit new headlight bulbs (might you there is probably some poor work experience chappy with cuts all over his hands from having to do this (ever tried replacing the bulbs on an EK christ you can tell it was made by the japs when you got shovel hands like me lol)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fatty lol
have you eva tried the corsa, not this one the previous one, we had to take it to vaux as i couldnt work it out at all lol, shitty cars anyway

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'd say it would be pretty tricky to build your own. Not only that but scaffolding is surely much thicker and heavier than if you bought one.

Plus the really nice roll cages have "butted" insides, where the metal is shaved off on the inside of the pipe to keep weight down where it's not needed.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not difficult building your own when you have a degree in the stuff, this is what we have learnt, its difficult to measure and make, but we have all the kit so should be alright.

on the choice of materials, i'd make mine to full MA standards, you have to use certain types of pipe and size (many ppl don't know the pipe used for seat belts is thicker then the rest of the cage due to the way load is distributed on it)

i think i'll design and make one next week, i'll also do a masive strip down and internal spray, black i think :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rite, i'm going to buy the steel for my cage this week and build it next week, mite even get it sprayed b4 i come to the next show :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
u gona cad up the roll cage??and fea it?? or is it gona be a a quick,but accurate, sketch?
good luck with it, u got a phat old alarm yet??or do you live in the nicer part of cov?

im scared every nite i leave my car on those dirty streets, garage next year i think.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no alarm, just a very clever imobiliser that you will never get round without rewiring the entire car :)

i'm gunna rob the designs from the company at the beginning of this, then add my own ideas,i know how cages strength is used so shall do it this way, can't fea it accuratly as there is no accurate measurements of the stresses involved!! thats the prob with roll cages

1 - 20 of 26 Posts