32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have this wowing noise coming from the back of my car when i drive 35mph+
any ideas...

Before you assume,

I've done the wheel bearings....

Its an

Also after that, i'm looking for coilovers, whats the best and cheapest for an EJ9?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its all the people going 'WOW' as you drive by. It happens to me quite a lot on the beemer.

<serious hat>

Any idea as to where exactly it is coming from? Try jacking the back up and spinning the wheels.

Does it happen in every gear at 35mph? Could be the exhaust noise at a certain RPM.

</serious hat>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens in every gear....

I was thinking, could it be the way the wheels are manufactured to tell you whether you have the wheels on the right way or not.....

it's so irratating, it sounds like one of the rolph harris floppy boards, flopping a 1000 time a second, its horrible...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nahh, its still making the noise, forgot all about it this weekend though, didn't change the wheels over pffffft....

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi, could it be your tyers are shit, sometimes the tyeres wear so they make the same noise as a wheel bearing, run your hand over the tyre if its all lumpy get new tyers. p.s im a mechanic lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
m8 do u fink it could be from your exhaust by any chance??

iv an ej9 still with the standard exhaust on it, iv a feeling there must be a bracket lose or sumfin!!

n it always made like a twang noise around 3k revs until bout 3.5k !! but then id go over a big bump n it must knock it outta place n

i wudnt hear it for another few months lol then hit another bump and its back for few months!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, i do have a knocking, but i think its to do with my shocks, i aren't really fussed about them, cos i'm saving for coilovers anyway :)

the exhaust is firmly inplace too, i'm very sure that it must be to do with the wheels or something in that area, but i'll just have to see...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts