Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right ive decided i need a turbo in my life, i went in my mates R5 turbo and i loved it, does anyone know how it can be done to a EJ9? ive seen 2 that have been done before but didnt ask. If anyone can help PLEASE Do!!!!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
What engine do you have in there? Are you talking about putting a new engine in that is turboed, or just bolting on a turbo to your existing engine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, its a 1.4i, as im only 19 insurance rapes me when i try for a 1.6 so i thought turbo was the next best thing

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you turbo it you will have to notify your insurance and they will rape you hard, really hard. You would be better off getting a 1.6 engine. It wont be as hard a raping on the insurance as a turbo would.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeh,its probably going to be cheaper to insure a d16 or even b16 than a custom 1.4 turbo mate!

Anyway,if u turbo u cant have VTEC lol

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
turboing the 1.4 will gain about 30hp=128hp. the 1.6 d series has that much power. and if u get a b series it has proper vtec and 160hp.
a bolt on turbo costs about £2000. selling your car and buying a pre-facelift ek4 vti costs less than the 2 grand.
i'd wait until you can afford insurance before doing serious mods. and i got a jordan insured at 20. costs for fully comp £1400. i have 3 points and an accident in the 1st year.
at 19 i looked at the civic sport (04 plate). wasnt any faster than my fiesta 1.4. also looked at fabia vrs (same insurance group as zetec-s=9) and it was fast-ish. but diesel and crap.
decided that my budget wasnt 8k and got myself a jordan. dont regret it.
wait until your 20 and have the funds and find a nice vti. you will LOVE IT

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
They are the same insurance group but the Jordan is likely to cost more to insure because they are a lot more nickable!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts